Menu
Bring your own drink in a restaurant or not?
Apr 5, 2007 02:07
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Hi there,

Most China's restaurants have such a rule that do not allow their guests to bring their own drinks. Guests have to buy drinks in the restaurants where the drinks are much more expensive than in the supermarket or elsewhere.

Some restaurants allow guests to bring drinks,but they charge the service fee called 'Kai Ping Fei', which usually is not a small deal.

Have you ever happen to such a case? How do you think of this phenomenon? Reasonable or not?
Apr 5, 2007 03:16
  • SANYACHINA
"Hi there,

Most China's restaurants have such a rule that do not allow their guests to bring their own drinks. "

NOT ONLY in China.

"Guests have to buy drinks in the restaurants where the drinks are much more expensive than in the supermarket or elsewhere."

Guests MAY NOT buy.IF they're enough wise they will just eat there and after few minutes, when they go out of the restaurant, they can buy some drinks and SAVE 100~300%of their drink-money. 

"Some restaurants allow guests to bring drinks,but they charge the service fee called 'Kai Ping Fei', which usually is not a small deal."

Well, if someone is so thirsty...Let him pay.I don't plan to pay FOR NOTHING...

"Have you ever happen to such a case? How do you think of this phenomenon? Reasonable or not?"

Reasonable of course. Everyone want to make money and using every possible way to do it.
Apr 5, 2007 03:25
  • BBQQ
What's the matter with your words, George? Looks like you are drunk. LOL

I seldom buy that expensive drinks in restaurant. If the restaurant can't satisfy me, I go to another one next time.

Apr 5, 2007 04:30
  • EVENING
I will also choose to eat in the restaurant and then go out to buy some drinks! LOL...
Apr 5, 2007 04:38
  • ELLEN77
I have heard that the Kai Ping Fei is not allowed by some officil rules.
Apr 5, 2007 04:42
  • LIONPOWER
From starting point in 1992, I never purchase any drink in any Chinese restaurant, except Chinese Tea.
Some restaurant offering it free.
What is the secrets?
Doctor prescribe me, not to take cold drink, even natural. So I always drink hot water and Chinese tea my exact replacement.

(Chinese Tea: In our local tea must have sugar, milk and many more. I did not take our local tea but in China~~~ my perfect drink)
Apr 5, 2007 16:47
  • SANYACHINA
"What's the matter with your words, George? Looks like you are drunk. LOL"

:D:D:D

OMG! :) I don't drink alcoholic drinks, I do not smoke, I do not use narcotics and I stop the gambling after I lost in Macao more than 17 000 RMB :) So, the reason was that today I was in an office where the people use only Chinese softwere, which type English like this. I mean "MSPY".

"I seldom buy that expensive drinks in restaurant. If the restaurant can't satisfy me, I go to another one next time"

Just another clever girl! Good for you!
Apr 5, 2007 16:52
  • SANYACHINA
"I will also choose to eat in the restaurant and then go out to buy some drinks! LOL..."

Sure, this is the elementary logic of the common people. Well, if we're very rich or if we would like to impress some lovely person - mey be, we will don't care about it...But in the ordinary life, no one like to lose more for one and the same thing.
Apr 5, 2007 17:00
  • SANYACHINA
Oh, you have no idea how strange is the Tatarian tea :) Tea + Milk + Salt + Oil = Tatarian tea :)
Apr 5, 2007 19:15
  • APAULT
To me it is totally reasonable to be required to buy drink in the restaurant if they have alcohol for sale there - because that is what I am used to in Britain and Australia, and they may charge a fee if you take your own.#

Apr 5, 2007 22:12
  • KEVIN0518
Not reasonable. and I heard that some guests have filed their lawsuits for this. Hope they can succeed and the govenment should make some regulations on it.
Post a Reply to: Bring your own drink in a restaurant or not?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code