Menu
Have you ever given your seat to others on the bus?
Apr 16, 2007 00:23
  • IVYCL
"Maybe because of the political morals taught by leaders in China, young people don't feel the need to respect or assist older people" WINDENERGY ,do u know chinese really?why everything to be connected with POLITICAL MORALS TAUGHT?hey!use your head!don't follow blindly.
Apr 16, 2007 06:33
  • SANYACHINA
It is not important if he is Chinese or not. In China we got enough people like him, so it is not big deal. Just another victim of the Western propaganda, no problem :)
Apr 16, 2007 06:34
  • SANYACHINA
"This same issue is discussed in most western countries. In Australia, sadly teenagers are not quite as good at giving up seats as in China.

There's a cultural problem for me in China. Early in my time in China I gave up my seat to an elderly woman, a grandmother I think, who had a child of about 5 years with her. I expected her to sit down, but she gave it to the child! Now I don't give up my seat in such situations - only when the elderly are alone. It seems to me that it's these grannies who are causing the problem - they are teaching the wrong thing!!! But from a different cultural perspective .... please tell me."

SO WISE! GOOD! You are so right!
Apr 16, 2007 06:57
  • IVYCL
SANYACHINA i also met the thing that grandmother gave the seat to her grandchild .who should be desever?
Apr 17, 2007 14:37
  • SANYACHINA
Because of my poor English I can't understand the question : "who should be desever?".
Sorry!
Apr 17, 2007 18:51
  • IVYCL
so sorry! spell wrong,deserve
Apr 18, 2007 06:32
  • SANYACHINA
So, who should be deserver?
Apr 18, 2007 22:26
  • MAY001
The problem Paul met is not a special case. Many grandparents love their grandchildren too much that we call the children 小皇帝(Xiao 3 Huang 2 Di 4 = younger emperor), 小太阳(Xiao 3 Tai 4 Yang 2 = smaller sun).
Apr 20, 2007 11:11
  • LIONPOWER
Today (Friday) returning from a Mosque in Shenzhen after Friday prayer.Many friends with me and we are availing a Bus.
Many boys and girls stand up when a Lady riding the bus with a Child (Less than one year)
Apr 22, 2007 07:18
  • WIZARD1982
damn, that's why i don't like to take bus, i can't bear this situation, so the first thing for me to do is to occupy a seat when i get on a bus, because i would give it to some ppl who needs it, i hate the youth, especially some university students, hate it!!!
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Have you ever given your seat to others on the bus?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code