Menu
Questions to Guangxi
Apr 5, 2007 20:26
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,guys,

The May Holiday is coming,and I plan to travel around Guangxi Zhuangzu Autonomous Area,my route is from Beijing---Guilin(5---7days)---Nanning(1 day)---Fangchenggang(1day)---Beihai(2days),then I will go to Guangzhou and Shenzhen to visit my friends.

My questions are:

1.What are "Must See" places in Nanning?It seems nothing in there,just the clean and beautiful city?

2.I will go to Yangshuo and Longji steps field,is it possible from the downtown of Guilin to Yangshuo and to Longsheng directly?

3.Has anyone been to the old town Dayu near Guilian?How's that?

4.There is no train from Beihai to Guangzhou,what about the bus?How long and how much?

Every advice is appracited:-)

Thanks!
Apr 5, 2007 20:30
Wow, Cali is marching for South China! :) Enjoy your journey!
Apr 5, 2007 20:31
  • CONNY129
have a bon trip~
Apr 5, 2007 20:43
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Bethany,

I have been to the south before,like Guangdong\Hunan and Hainan,really nice nature!!!But this time,I just want to visit my friends in Guangzhou and Shenzhen,so I choose Guangxi for travelling first.

Thanks,Conny!
Apr 5, 2007 20:55
  • MAY001
My question is, how long is your holiday?? It seemed that you are always on vacation. :P
Apr 5, 2007 22:29
  • LIONPOWER
May be holidays are Cali's job
Apr 5, 2007 22:37
  • MAY001
4.There is no train from Beihai to Guangzhou,what about the bus?How long and how much?
Yes, there is a coach from Beihai to Guangzhou. About 8 hours and less than 100 rmb.
Apr 5, 2007 22:40
  • MAY001
See: http://www.ly321.com/news/lvyoubaodian/2007_3_26_13_36_529588.htm
Apr 6, 2007 00:25
  • CALIFORNIA
Thanks for your useful information,and I'm a little busy during these days,and no time to check the bus time,thanks a lot!

Hi,May,

Most companies in Beijing,they usually offer 7 days off except May,October and Spring Festival holiday.So I will use those days!
Apr 6, 2007 01:19
  • EVENING
Hi California,

To your first question:

Nanning has quite a few attractions to enjoy.
Downtown:Yangmei Ancient Town (扬美古镇), Yongjiang River (邕江), Liangfengjiang National Forest Park (良凤江森林公园), Dawangtan Resevoir Scenic Area (大王滩水库), Mt. Qingxiu (青秀山), Jiahecheng Hot Spring Valley (嘉和城温泉谷)
Daxin County: De Tian Waterfall (德天瀑布)
Ningming County: Huashan Mural (花山壁画)
Wuming County: Yilingyan Rock Cave (伊岭岩)

To your second question:

Why not check the Yangshuo Cityguide in TCG? They have very detailed informantion on Guilin-Yangshuo transportation.
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangxi/yangshuo/transportation/bus.htm

Hope this help :)
Apr 6, 2007 10:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi California,

You sure do get around. Good on you. I traveled Shenzhen to Beihai by bus and stopped in Wuzhou to change buses since it is an 8/9 sleeper bus trip otherwise. I found Wuzhou an interesting place to spend a few hours if you get stuck. Read my review there and Beihai for more information.

There is an interesting place north of Wuzhou (Evening may have covered this) used to be an old cobbled stone road that passed throught the mountains to transfer traffic from one river to another. It's about 6kms long on the 'Silk Road" from the west down to Guangzhou.

Have a good trip and look forward to reading your review, 'cos I'm also interested in De Tian Falls and surrounding region. there is a couple of members in Nanning you may be able to contact too.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Questions to Guangxi
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code