Menu
what do u think about shanghai girls?
Apr 11, 2007 22:33
  • IVYCL
too many people told me that the part of shanghai girls is not so good .vanity,money-oriented,u'll to be a air ticket if u love with her .maybe?
what do u think about this?
Apr 11, 2007 23:01
  • ROSEKNIGHT
Hi IVYCL
Have you ever heard of a saying? It goes that nothing dare not to be eaten by Cantonese, be uttered by Beijing people and be worn by Shanghai people.

is my translation clear to you ?!

Hehe~~~~~so I believe Shanghai girls must be fashionable.
I don't know if they are vanity or money-oriented, but they are conceited and arrogant.

actually, all the Shanghai People are given to this impression!!
Apr 12, 2007 00:11
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,I just heard a standard for boyfired that Shanghai girls looking for:

1st:European and American;

2nd:Japanese and Korean;

3rd:Hongkong,Macau and Taiwan;

4th:Shanghai man.

Haha,so funny!!!
Apr 12, 2007 01:47
  • LIONPOWER
What about other cities of China?
Apr 12, 2007 13:05
  • SANYACHINA
Why only in Shanghai? All over China you can meet this kind of people and in Shanghai you can meet some non-merchantilised girls as well.
Apr 12, 2007 13:11
  • SANYACHINA
"Hi IVYCL
Have you ever heard of a saying? It goes that nothing dare not to be eaten by Cantonese, be uttered by Beijing people and be worn by Shanghai people.

is my translation clear to you ?!

Hehe~~~~~so I believe Shanghai girls must be fashionable.
I don't know if they are vanity or money-oriented, but they are conceited and arrogant.

actually, all the Shanghai People are given to this impression!!"

A person was born in a city. She listen to parents, to Tv, to Internet. And following her needs, genetics, she grow up as a woman that is :

-good
-bad
-pretty
-ugly...
It is not important where you was born...

Honestly speaking do you think that for example in Shanghai all of the females like money, but in Xian they like to be poor? Hehehe!!!

Arrogant? Why only in Shanghai? When I was in Dalian a girl was shouting close to the central square: "Ta ma'de!!!" in front of her friends. So?
Apr 12, 2007 13:20
  • SANYACHINA
"Haha,I just heard a standard for boyfired that Shanghai girls looking for:

1st:European and American;

2nd:Japanese and Korean;

3rd:Hongkong,Macau and Taiwan;

4th:Shanghai man.

Haha,so funny!!!"

I think it is a popular scheme all around China. I ONLY WOULD LIKE TO CORRECT IT A LITTLE BIT:

a/ I think that AMERICAN / USA, CANADA /, is more popular than EUROPEAN. You have to know that some of our young girls are not familiar what are this things such as:
-EUROPE
-EURO
-EUROPEANS...
But USA is more popular, sometimes it is = FOREIGNER. I.e. Mei guo ren = Wai guo ren.

The reasons are complex, but the essential one is that these girls do not use thier free time to read some book about the World. But it is NOT ONLY IN CHINA. For example in USA, you know, some of the girls even don't know who is the wife of the present president or who is the president. And of course they are not able to tell you what is this "Brunei" or "San Marino"...

b/ All around China people OFTEN do not like Japanese. So, MOSTLY, you will able to listen that some of these girls prefer to marry even to person from Arabia, but not to a Japanese.
Apr 12, 2007 20:03
  • CALIFORNIA
Maybe american is the most popular one,haha:-)

For married,I don't think some girls consider the history problem with Japan,they just want to go out~~~~~~
Apr 12, 2007 20:13
  • MAY001
Yes, I agree with Cali. There are Chinese don't like Japanese, and there are also Chinese like Japanese, who is often considered as Han Jian 汉奸. Girls who want to marry foreigners don't care too much about nationality, but the wealth of the people and the country.
Apr 14, 2007 21:59
  • CHYNAGYRL
When I was attending university (in Canada), I was renting a room in a Shanghai-ese woman's home with her family. She told me many times, "Shanghai people are evil and immoral!!! Stay away from them as MUCH as possible." I was very shocked, because she was saying all these bad things about her own city's people. But since then, I've realized it's a very common perception. It's unfortunate how people from Shanghai (particularly females) have such a bad rep.
Apr 15, 2007 09:16
  • IVYCL
i'm shanghainese.u know so sad what i heard.
Page 1 of 22    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what do u think about shanghai girls?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code