Menu
what do u think about shanghai girls?
Dec 12, 2009 22:29
GUEST9INCHTROY I think it is arrogance to say Shanghai girl don't clean. A relationship is about give and take. It can't be all one sided where the man has to overcome the short comings of the Shanghai women beliefs. Yes, Shanghai girl maybe successful career wise but with that kind of attitude they will not find a lasting relationship built on trust, love and most importantly mutual respect.
Dec 13, 2009 09:33
  • GROWTHRING
<<Yes, Shanghai girl maybe successful career wise but with that kind of attitude they will not find a lasting relationship built on trust, love and most importantly mutual respect. >>

If you were an ignorant foreigner or a jealous Nonshanghainese(they always are) , you cannot change the fact that the qualities of self-disciplines, rigoriousness, diligence, trustworthiness, perfect output have been always related to Shanghainese.

Do u know what is the ironic compliments given by a Nonshanghainese to a Shanghainese? That is: I don't think you are Shanghainese.

Shanghainese don't like to go in groups or in throngs, licks somebody's boots and chat nonscence all day. That's why when you pool up a group of Chinese together in a particular enviroment, it's easy to identify who is Shanghainese and who is not.
Last edited by GROWTHRING: Dec 13, 2009 09:34
Dec 20, 2009 19:27
GUEST9INCHTROY Yes, I am a foreigner but not an ignorant foreigner. In my country, your so called perfect output is not so perfect afterall. In my country, Shanghainese girls would be considered arrogant, snobbish, high maintenance, anit social, and materialistic.

In fact the non Chinese attitude who group together is admired for being down to earth and not having an ATTITUDE problem.

Maybe Shanghainese arrogance works in your country but in mine Shanghainese girl will grow up lonely, without true friends and unhappy in general.
Dec 20, 2009 21:51
  • MARRIE
<<In fact the non Chinese attitude who group together is admired for being down to earth and not having an ATTITUDE problem.>>

It's true. This is upside of collectivism that was reflected in the on of the facts that there are much more multinatinal corp. giants in the west than in the east..

What Growthring means is westerners tend to be more quiet, alone and more logic than Chinese.

Dec 28, 2009 19:45
GUEST70158 what the hell. you can't judge the ENTIRE CITY's female population just based on ONE materialistic chick. There are materialistic chicks everywhere, so stop with your freaking judgemental ways.
Jan 3, 2010 06:40
GUEST18087 Haha,I just heard a standard for boyfired that Shanghai girls looking for:

1st:European and American;

2nd:Japanese and Korean;

3rd:Hongkong,Macau and Taiwan;

4th:Shanghai man.

Haha,so funny!!!"

I think it is a popular scheme all around China. I ONLY WOULD LIKE TO CORRECT IT A LITTLE BIT:

a/ I think that AMERICAN / USA, CANADA /, is more popular than EUROPEAN. You have to know that some of our young girls are not familiar what are this things such as:
-EUROPE
-EURO
-EUROPEANS...
But USA is more popular, sometimes it is = FOREIGNER. I.e. Mei guo ren = Wai guo ren.

The reasons are complex, but the essential one is that these girls do not use thier free time to read some book about the World. But it is NOT ONLY IN CHINA. For example in USA, you know, some of the girls even don't know who is the wife of the present president or who is the president. And of course they are not able to tell you what is this "Brunei" or "San Marino"...

b/ All around China people OFTEN do not like Japanese. So, MOSTLY, you will able to listen that some of these girls prefer to marry even to person from Arabia, but not to a Japanese.

I have to disagree with USA being more popular to Shanghai girls than Europe...depends how you look at it....Yes usa is popluar for the ever growing presence in the world (politics, MEDIA, etc..) but Europeans seem to display a more mysterious and eager desire from the girls to learn and find more interesting..There is of course a lot more histyr, and classiness in the Europeans...and the girls in China and around Asia are fully aware of this.
Jan 3, 2010 20:55
GUEST22180 Nonsense, Guest.
Jan 8, 2010 15:50
GUEST40114 For anyone thinking about a Chinese girl, money will play a large factor. With Mainland Chinese, pride also. But the best way to confirm what she's really like, see how she interacts with her family.

If you don't like what you see between her and her family, START RUNNING, don't bother hearing the excuses. Otherwise your setting yourself up for a lot of headache because that is exactly how she will treat you someday.
Jan 14, 2010 09:09
GUEST19557 "Haha,I just heard a standard for boyfired that Shanghai girls looking for:

1st:European and American;

2nd:Japanese and Korean;

3rd:Hongkong,Macau and Taiwan;

4th:Shanghai man.

Haha,so funny!!!"

That might be true for the below-average looking asian girls. Most of the good looking and well bought up asian girls prefer asian guys (with money). Thats why you see 95% of the asian girl and gwailo boyfriend are pretty bad usually.
Feb 10, 2010 02:25
GUESTTY I can confirm based on my experience that Shanghai girl is materialistic, status conscious, independent, very smart, highly educated, hard working, dont do house cleaning or cook, extremely confident, well dressed and fashionable, very calculating in terms of relationship match, high maintenance, inwardly insecure, control issues... fun to hang out with this type but not marriage material...
Page 11 of 22    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what do u think about shanghai girls?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code