Menu
what do u think about shanghai girls?
Aug 10, 2009 00:53
GUEST87592
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST33104 View Post

Yup, because we have the reason to be arrogant.

We, Shanghai girls, are beautiful and confident. Most of us are well-educated and have our own careers. We don't count on men to give us a better life even if we are married.

I know a lot of girls from inland china come to Shanghai and pretend to be Shanghai girls. It's quite ridic...

perfectly put.
Aug 23, 2009 05:40
  • NIKOSURFING
Quote:

Originally Posted by IVYCL

too many people told me that the part of shanghai girls is not so good .vanity,money-oriented,u'll to be a air ticket if u love with her .maybe?
what do u think about this?

i have so many friends in shanghai... most of them (shanghai girls) just like your thought.
Aug 27, 2009 09:07
GUEST11975 I am Shanghainese girl who is pround of being a Miss Shanghai forever. Importantly I DO NOT want to get married with foreigner at all!!! So pls don't be too overgeneralized!
Aug 30, 2009 01:47
GUEST26176 Um shanghainese girls...my girlfriend is shanghainese and she always thinks about me before she thinks about herself haha. Sonia is right...the truth is every race has good and bad people... haha ^_^ ''
Sep 22, 2009 10:05
GUEST10174 Yes it is true that every race has good and bad people. But I also do believe that every race/population have different personalities due to their backgrounds. If your grown up in a family that is very money oriented then most likely you will also be very money oriented. Just like being born in a Christian family, chances are, you are going to be a christian. China currently is booming like crazy and like it or not, cash is king. So yes, ALOT of the people (guys and girls) there are money oriented (not just shanghainese). From my observation (I am ABC/CBC) most International students from China are usually very rich and very vain and superficial. They chase the latest cars, buys ridiculously expensive bags (LV, FENDI etc) and asks the parents to buy them an apartment in downtown. That is not to say they aren't good people at heart. Either they slowly change and gets westernized (down to earth) or just go back because they can't take it anymore.

The poor craves the rich and the rich craves the richers and it is an endless cycle. Their personalities then becomes money oriented and power/superiority hungry.

As for all the posts that says "shanghai girls are the best"... I mean wow. Do you people even reread what you write? How on earth can u claim yourself to be the best girls in China? Superior? You sound like Adolf Hitler claiming they are superior intelligence and tall blond blue eye people are the future. Different for sure. But best? Because ur confident, hard working, and independent? There is no "best" in this world just like there isn't a best car in this world. There's only a car that's best suited for u. Don't be arrogant, It just reinforces the idea that a lot of the shanghai girls are.

Sep 24, 2009 01:31
GUEST9INCHTROY The last post was well written. Hopefully, no more arrogant Shanghai girls come on after this...
Sep 24, 2009 10:33
GUEST76209 There is no "best" in this world just like there isn't a best car in this world. There's only a car that's best suited for u. Don't be arrogant, It just reinforces the idea that a lot of the shanghai girls are.

[/quote]

Excellently put. This is going to be my mantra for the next month.
Sep 24, 2009 11:27
GUEST20874 Have you ever dated a Shanghai girl?
Have you known some shanghai girls?
Sep 27, 2009 12:58
GUEST11050 They are much like some cars that are good to look at, but very expensive to run, keep, or repair. Some women from Shanghai do have high maintenance bills. Done that and been there. Buyers beware. This may apply to any men or women regardless of their place of origin. The good, bad, and ugly prevail around the globe. The key word here is “some”.
Chee Kam Chong
Oct 3, 2009 09:04
GUESTHONG KONG I'm a guy from Hong Kong, and currently staying in a share house. There is a shanghai girl who live in a room right next to mine, and i hav not much problem with her during the beginning of the semester. But there is this horrible habit of her slamming the door every time she leaves the room and go back into her room. I get very annoyed wheneva she does this, because it affects me during my study and SLEEP! Most of the time she may seem friendly but at certain time i can feel the arrogance in her and when you tell her not to do sumthin she will get completely unhappy with me and then always stare down at me. She may not notice it herself but it really annoys me. I've neva meet a girl more like her oh and she talks loud, walks loud (stomp whilst walking), makes fun of my language (cantonese), i cant bear it.... neva met a girl like her.. yea so overall my first experience staying with a Shanghai girl is utterly horrible and i wud not bother havin any first thought of stayin with a Shanghai girl once i move house...NO *** WAY.... (just for your information i respect everyone in the house, but man i cant stand her personality just horrible ... )
Page 8 of 22    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what do u think about shanghai girls?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code