Menu
Should I by-pass Guangzhou?
Apr 15, 2007 16:18
  • GRIZ326
I am still planning the itinerary and facing the typical problem: not enough time/money to do everything.

So reconsidering Guangzhou, I am wondering if I should just by-pass it in favor other areas. It has been said in this forum a number of times that Guangzhou has very few historic and cultural sites. I am left with the impression that aside from good restaurants and modern shopping facilities that Guangzhou is just a modern city - not unlike those throughout the world.

Is my impression wrong?

Are there good reasons for me to spend time in Guangzhou when I would prefer to see the countryside?
Apr 15, 2007 20:24
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
I don't know much about Guangzhou, having only stayed there one night and a day, all spent in railway stations, but I have to ask: If it's the countryside you want, why are you even considering spending more time in cities than is necessary?
Apr 15, 2007 20:53
  • GRIZ326
I originally put it on my itinerary to visit a friend who just passed away. I do not know if it would be proper for me to visit the family to pay my respects. As a result, I have left it on my itinerary figuring I could screw up the courage to knock on the family's door......
Apr 15, 2007 22:58
  • BBQQ
O, Griz, I'm sorry to hear that. But Guangzhou is a nice city. Maybe you can spend less time, e.g. one day or two, to browse the city scenery.
Apr 16, 2007 05:34
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Well, that sounds like a pretty good reason to spend a bit of time in Guangzhou.
Apr 30, 2007 23:54
  • AMYORANGE
guangzhou is international city ,and exept for facility shopping center not have much more history interests .
but you can visit the HUANGPU army school .that is a good place to visit
May 1, 2007 09:40
  • APAULT
I was pleasantly surprised, it was better than I expected. But I agree there are better tourist places. Gunagzhou has Simian Island and markets nearby are ok if u are there.
May 2, 2007 03:48
  • LIZXLI
hi all,

Phoenix city is a good place to visit which is my home located in,you may also take a tour to the countryside nearby.There are some traditional temples too.It is something about buddhisum.

Have a nice trip.
May 10, 2007 01:34
  • JCNILE123
Guangzhou it is a beautiful city,, some people call it the Wal-Mart of the world.
May 10, 2007 13:35
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, I think so
May 18, 2007 21:16
  • CELIA831210
I agree with LiZXLI.
I spent four years in that city for my college life. For some reason I am in another city nearby. But I will be back some day.
Post a Reply to: Should I by-pass Guangzhou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code