Menu
From Shanghai pudong airport to Suzhou, is there a bullet train?
Aug 5, 2009 08:18
GUEST05349 I want to go to Shangri la hote, ta Yuan Road from Du Pong Airport. How do I go?
Aug 6, 2009 03:57
  • ELLYSE
Eh, there're a number of ways. Please be more specific by answering the following questions.
What time does your flight arrive at Pudong airport?
How many of you are there and how much luggage do you have?
Is cost, convenience or speed most important to you? Please do NOT say "all"!
Please reply to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" in the subject line, thanks.
Aug 19, 2009 02:04
GUEST18892 My colleagues in Suzhou cannot pick us (my daughter and I) at Pudong. How can I get to Suzhou from Pudong? Is it simple to take the train? How much are the tickets? How long does it take?
Aug 21, 2009 22:19
  • ELLYSE
What time does your flight arrive and how much luggage do you have? The most direct way might be to take the direct bus for Pudong airport -- Suzhou, but I'm not sure if it suits your timing.
Oct 1, 2009 21:57
GUESTSINGAPO... Hiļ¼Œthanks for your great help. I will be going to Suzhou in slightly over a fortnight from now. I would like to know the following:

Likely I will be touching down Pudong Airport @ 6:30pm. I would like to go to Suzhou immediately. I'm not sure if there are any buses travelling to Suzhou around that time, and if there are, where can I take the bus?
Where does the bus stops in Suzhou? Ganjiang Road? or where else?
Once there, I believe I will be able to make my own way to the final destination.

Other information:
I am travelling alone, and most likely pack with a hand carry luggage.
In order of priority, I would like to be speed, convenience and cost, with speed being the most important.
I have taken private transport (taxi) and that cost me $500 CNY, which is pretty expensive.

Once again, thanks in advance. You have been most helpful to many visitors like us. =)
Oct 4, 2009 05:02
GUEST08844 hi my name is Rita,i ll b travelling to china to study medicine in Nantong university,i ll arrive in shangai dupong airport on wed 11;30pm, to Nantong,is e train,bus taxi or anything at dat tym or i ll huv to continue e next day?how many hours from shangai to Nantong.pls i nd a reply by monday oct 5th.plss someone help me out. u can rreach me on yahoo.com.thx|funkklux
Oct 9, 2009 22:21
  • ELLYSE
The last 2 buses from Pudong airport to Suzhou would be at 1850 and 2000, 84 RMB. You won't be in time for the former, but should be fine for the latter. I would allow at least 30-60 mins to get out of the airport, then at least 45 mins by taxi to Shanghai main train station (Maglev + metro would NOT be any faster) so you'd only be able to get to Shanghai main train station around 1945 at the very earliest, so going by D train wouldn't really be faster than waiting for the 2000 bus departure from Pudong airport. Not sure where the bus stops in Suzhou, but it should be somewhere in town, perhaps Jingde Lu. If you need any more information, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.

Note that it's Pudong airport, not Dupong airport. If you're arriving at 2330 then it's too late to get to Nantong that night. Stay at/near the airport (Motel168 is probably your best bet if you need something "budget") then take airport shuttle no.7 to Shanghai South long-distance bus station the next morning -- earliest departure at 0750 from terminal 1, journey time around 1.5 hours, fare 20 RMB -- then a bus to Nantong.
Nov 6, 2009 02:07
GUEST88515 Is there cheap accomodation in Suchous susch as backpackers hostel. Can you provide their names and address please.
Nov 6, 2009 02:17
GUEST88515 Can you list the most convenient and affordable transportation from Hangzhou airport (Shanghai) to Suzhou? I will be arriving at Hangzhou airport around 2 pm and what would be the price for the tickets to Suzhou.
Nov 7, 2009 00:37
GUEST23252 Hi, hope you can help? I will arrive at Shanghai Pudong Airport at 09:30 in the morning. Is the easiest way to travel to Suzhou by bus? I don't speak Mandarin nor do I read Chinese. I am planning to stay at GreenTree Inn Suzhou Train Station Hotel Comfort Inn No. 2156, Ren Min Road,Suzhou, China,215001. Where will a bus drop me off in Suzhou? Can I walk to this hotel from where the bus drops me off? I am guessing it will take me a minimum of 1 hour to get off the airplane and clear customs. I will have no luggage to collect. Many thanks for your help and advice.

Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: From Shanghai pudong airport to Suzhou, is there a bullet train?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code