Menu
Virginia Shooting, terrible!!
Apr 16, 2007 21:01
  • MAY001
News from China Daily shows that a gunman opened fire in a Virginia Tech dorm and then, two hours later, shot up a classroom across campus Monday, killing 32 people in the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history. The gunman committed suicide, bringing the death toll to 33.

Apr 16, 2007 21:18
  • MAY001
It's really a terrible thing. Poor guys.
Apr 16, 2007 21:43
unforunatly, the murderer was proved to be a Chinese student:(. Sorry
Apr 16, 2007 22:38
  • MAY001
A Chinese? I've heard that is an Asian guy.
Apr 17, 2007 02:05
  • ALICEGAO
TOMORROWNEVERDIE got to stop bullshitting here, do I need to be a geographical teacher to TEACH you that China does NOT equal ASIAN???
The massacre's awful, wondring why American govern do not ban the bullet?

Apr 17, 2007 04:24
  • MAY001
Some newspaper said that the murder is Chinese. But China's spokesman said it hasn't been proved.
Apr 17, 2007 04:32
  • YEMMIE
Ban bullets? That's a very good question. I don't know if I can answer it here without venturing into frowned upon political territory, but I'll try.

From its very beginning, America has been a society that depended on guns. The first English settlers used guns to hunt for food, to protect themselves from the original inhabitants of North America, and in most cases, to steal their land from them. In 1776, when America decided to break away from England, the colonists were able to do so largely because all of them were already armed.

In modern times, many Americans have continued to use guns to hunt, some to commit crimes, and others to protect themselves from those who commit crimes. The issue of gun control is hotly debated.
Apr 17, 2007 06:42
I am sorry for what I said.
Apr 17, 2007 07:50
  • YEMMIE
I just want to add that I am so saddened by it. Most Americans today are not violent, do not wish to harm anyone.

I have been watching the news this morning. So far, they have not released any further information about the gunman. We don't know what nationality he is. But you know, it really doesn't matter. Every country produces good gentle people who would never harm anyone, but also produces vicious people who will commit unthinkable acts. And of course, we don't know the life circumstances of the perpetrator. I think it is too early to decide about him. Was he just an evil person period? Did he have mental/emotional problems? We just don't know.

My heart goes out to thie victims and their families.
Apr 17, 2007 10:37
  • ROGERINCA
No !!! it was NOT a Chinese person that committed this act !!!

He has been identified as a young South Korean national, age 23, who was in the US as a resident alien, on a student visa. He was an English major at this College.

We must all remember, people are people, no matter where they live or what country they were born. Emotional and mental illness can strike any human being.

People should never be so quick to judge other societies, races, or cultures.

I am so tired of today’s electronic media, who so eager to imprint stereotypical images in all of our minds.

I am wrapping up a very busy work schedule this month and will return to beautiful China to be with my Lao Po and her wonderful family in mid-May. I so very much miss China and feel blessed to be part of a Chinese family.

Apr 17, 2007 13:30
  • LOVECHINA2
Rogerinca is right about "the electronic media" they are in so much of a hurry to post stories before other new media does that they do not care if what they post is the truth or not or who it may hurt.
YEMMIE,
Thank you on your views..I AM a hunter and own firearms for that reason.I also shoot Trap and Sporting Clays. I don't wish anyone harm,in fact I wish all people could get along no matter the race,color,politics or religion.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Virginia Shooting, terrible!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code