Menu
Who (Chinese Leaders) do you respect most?
Apr 17, 2007 01:50
  • SAYHITOANT
Voting is valid from Apr 17, 2007 01:50 to Apr 24, 2007 01:50 .
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 2 vote(s)
  3. 3 vote(s)
  4. 6 vote(s)
  5. This vote is invalid now.
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
When we talk about great chinese leaders, these 4 names would often come to our mind. Most of us would agree that they had made enormous contributions to the Properous China that we have today. As a Singaporean chinese, I am curious to know how people (especially the local Chinese) would rate these leaders. In 2004, when I stayed at my friend house in Fuzhou, I remembered asking her father (he was about 70+ yrs old) which chinese leader he respected most. His reply was "孫中山 is the father of modern china, 毛泽东 makes China stand up, 邓小平 makes China rich, but my most respected leader is 周恩來”. He said that 周恩來 is a 人民总理 who is humble and cared a lot for his people.

Based on what I have read, I would give my vote to 邓小平. Without him, I wouldn’t have the opportunity to visit this beautiful country! How about you?

PS - Hope that this is not a sensitive topic to discuss.
Apr 17, 2007 05:21
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Better be careful, could become sensitive....

Apr 17, 2007 13:40
  • SANYACHINA
"Based on what I have read, I would give my vote to 邓小平. Without him, I wouldn’t have the opportunity to visit this beautiful country! How about you?

PS - Hope that this is not a sensitive topic to discuss."

Without Mao you wouldn't have the opportunity to visit China at all. May be instead of this you will be able to visit different Western, Russian, Japanese and Indian colonies.
Apr 18, 2007 22:34
  • MAY001
I think both of them are great. The one I respect most is still Chairman Mao. Without him and all the great leaders at that dark period of Chinese history, no happiness today.
Apr 20, 2007 11:00
  • LIONPOWER
Me too
Apr 23, 2007 01:29
Maybe Sun Zhongshan is too far from us.

The elder people especially elder farmers will definitely choose Mao. When the news of Mao's death was broadcasted in the radio in 1976, every village was in tears. It was raining in my village that day. Tears and the rain mixed.

In the 1990s, many people hated Deng. That's because many people lost their jobs and were out of work. But today we can see how China has become richer and richer under Deng's policies. In my opinion, Deng is to be remembered by history but not by his people. People may remember him who saved them from wars, disasters and tribulations, but not those who bring better to good. Never mention the problems brought about by being rich.
Apr 23, 2007 01:37
Zhou is a traditional Chinese man, a good man and a good premiere, but too mild maybe. I have long hold the opinion that He could take actions when Mao was making mistakes, but he didn't. I like those daring people, even if at the very beginning they know they will not success, but they still try. Even if they fail, they fail gloriously. If you do not have a try, how can you know you can make it or not?
Apr 25, 2007 01:11
  • BBQQ
Deng is to be remembered by history but not by his people.

Yes, a good conclusion. I agree.
Apr 25, 2007 04:29
  • LOSTLOST
Why not 朱镕基 and 温家宝?
Apr 25, 2007 05:40
  • SANYACHINA
"Deng is to be remembered by history but not by his people.

Yes, a good conclusion. I agree."

The history remember everyone - Hitler, Marco Polo, Lenin, ... But it do no means that everyone remembered by history is a good human.
Apr 28, 2007 20:20
  • LIONPOWER
Finally , they have space in world history
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who (Chinese Leaders) do you respect most?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code