Menu
Steamed Bun VS Bread
Oct 16, 2007 04:14
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Just throwing it out there but did any of you guys posting on this thread hear about the guy who made steamed buns with cardboard?

Dec 16, 2007 16:43
GUEST55234 they're pretty good, but plain
Dec 21, 2007 13:18
  • GRIZ326
I enjoy both steamed buns and bread. It depends on what the meal is as to which I prefer at the time.

As for the buns made of cardboard, that was a hoax news story. Yes a guy made buns out of cardboard but he was paid to do it by a reporter. We had a thread about it here when it happened.
Jan 6, 2008 20:56
GUESTSTU I just love this Chinese steamed bread called Mantou. It is the staple of Northern China and has spread world-wide. Mantou is both delicious and nourishing. It is very simple to make and quite convenient to eat anywhere. Yum yum yum.
Sep 5, 2008 16:32
GUEST10150 hey uhm dose anybody thave the recipie for this steamed bun?
Sep 6, 2008 17:37
  • YINDUFFY
To me, steamed buns have a rubbery texture. Baked bread is much better. My wife takes biscuits ( the kind you can buy in a cardboard tube/can in supermarkets) and steams them. I'm sorry but i like the golden crust when they are baked.
I understand that Chinese homes do not have ovens and they are limited to their little propane two-burner stoves in their kitchens. They do remarkable things with few tools and cooking gear. Microwave ovens are still a novelty there.
Baked bread and deep fried bread sells well from street vendors so I know that steamed bread is not the only preference.
Sep 6, 2008 22:33
  • COOLSPRINGS
I cannot imagine how westerner swallow golden crust bagel with cheese, muffin, donuts and pattie as breakfast. They have got simply life at least saving time for other things. Chinese seem wasting too much time on food arts. There are various steams bun.

Shanghia Steam Buns with pork and juice inside.

Sep 7, 2008 02:44
I like those, yum yum
Alan
Sep 7, 2008 20:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Steamed buns or bread. I like them both. ^_^
Sep 13, 2008 09:25
  • CLOUDHANDS
In Korea the steamed buns contain sweetened red bean paste. I love the steamed buns, and anything with the bean paste inside!
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Steamed Bun VS Bread
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code