Menu
Steamed Bun VS Bread
Sep 13, 2008 20:54
  • MARRIE
BaoZi with red bean paste in Korea? This is Chinese ordinary breakfast and snack. Recently Korean claim Chairman Mao is Korean and Terracotta Warriors in Xiian was made by Korean.
Oct 5, 2008 20:25
The steamed buns photo that LEOPOLD219 posted, they look nothing like that here in Australia.. the are like a dome shape and are filled with pork mince and noodles and some vegies that look un-identified and some shitake mushrooms.. they are good! but I don't think they are the same as the Chinese ones I think they are Japanese.
Oct 4, 2009 01:38
GUESTCLARA They taste slightly sweet. I love it when it is fresh out of the steamer!
They taste so delightful.
Steamed and fried versions are both equally tasty.
It is not BLAND. It is subtly sweet.
I don't know why one would not like buns.
I am saying this for the sake of the food not the ethnicity. Although I admit that I am a chinese.
Oct 29, 2011 18:39
GUEST44768 Is plain steamed bread lower in calories than baked bread? Just wondering

I love steamed bread-both plain and with filling
Nov 13, 2011 04:44
  • JOEC10
I like both.
Nov 15, 2011 00:52
  • XIAOXIAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEC10

I like both.

I prefer steamed bun to bread because I feel hungry quickly after eating bread.
Mar 6, 2012 10:44
GUEST10986 I visited Beijing a few years ago and was served a small steamed bun (I think it was steamed. Small, roundish, white) that came with something like a sweet butter sauce. They made for incredible desserts and we asked for them at every restaurant thereafter. Back at home I have asked at Chinese restaurants here close to Chicago and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. Any ideas? Any recipes? Thanks!
Mar 7, 2012 00:28
  • JIMMYB
sweet butter sauce? It will be much more helpful if you can give us some photos. I just thought it was Dou Sha Bao. But you said it was "sweet butter sauce". Then I am not sure what it is.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Steamed Bun VS Bread
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code