Menu
Dam Street
May 14, 2007 08:52
  • HOEFFE
Hello,

does anyone know were I can buy the DVD of the Chinese movie Dam Street. I saw it once at the Rotterdam filmfestival in The Netherlands and I like to see the movie one more time.

Lisette
May 15, 2007 03:00
  • KEVIN0518
Is this one you want?
I notice that this movie was shooted in 2005. If you are in China, you can go to the video shop nearby. I think that it is available to find it in the shop.

May 15, 2007 04:58
  • JABAROOTOO
Is it a good movie??
May 15, 2007 09:18
  • KEVIN0518
Well, personally I think it is good. The film focus on the life of a young Chinese woman who fell pregnant as a high school student in a small, conservative Chinese town in the early 1980s. Her lover and her both were expelled from school. The baby's dad left his love and his hometown. Xiao Yun, the protagonist undertook all the pressure and discrimination from her neighbour and society. After giving birth, she was told that her baby did not survive by her mother who was a sever teacher in a primary school.
Ten years later, she became a famous actress in the troupe of her county.However, she was still discriminated by others. One day, a ten-year old boy named Xiao Yong came into her life and became her little friend. Xiao Yong was attracted by Xiao Yun's beauty and 'protected' her. Xiao Yun was moved and established friendship with Xiao Yong. However, she was told that her baby was not dead ten years ago and Xiao Yong was her child. She could not accept this truth and left finally.
This is the plot of this movie. Although I did not watch the movie, I think it is really good. I will find it and watch it.
May 15, 2007 12:44
  • HOEFFE
Yes, this is the movie I mean..
I saw it in 2006 in The Netherlands, but there is no shop in our country that sell this movie.
In 2009 I will visit China again, so I keep it on the list of things to buy :-)
May 16, 2007 01:57
  • BBQQ
Maybe you can search Ebay or download it??
May 4, 2008 09:35
  • HOEFFE
any tips on wich homepage I can search for an download of this movie?
Post a Reply to: Dam Street
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code