Menu
western food in China?
Jun 11, 2007 05:29
  • PETERSEAFORD
well can i buy a Four n Twenty Meat Pie with tomato sauce in China like we have at the footy here in Melbourne.
Jun 13, 2007 08:45
  • JCNILE123
i see!! you got your point across, and i think that a home made burger can be a healthy one and good too, very good.
as a matter of fact the way you decribe it, i think you know a good hamburger.
i love good tasty, juicy burgers.
at the same thime , i don't think that commercial burgers or fried chicken places are up to this minimal standard.
mc donalds or kfc are not very health conscientious, all they want is people hook on their high fat, high calorie junk food.
to them is only business and profits, i must say and agree with some of you, taste is not that good at some of this places in china.
on the other hand, there are a lot of chinese food that i love, but a lot also i just don't like, some times it have to do with the look, and not the taste, or the quality.
in-n-out, we don't have that company in texas, not that i know, any way.
i'm from houston, tx usa.
Jun 27, 2007 03:25
I had KFC in West Beijing but I prefer to eat Chinese food, even when I cook it myself.
KFC once a week or so is fine.
I very rarely eat Mcdonalds these day's.
Jun 27, 2007 03:42
  • EVENING
Oh you can cook Chinese food by yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, great man! LOL....
Jun 28, 2007 03:33
Hi Evening
Yes, My ex-wife taught me Chinese cooking, she used to live in Hong Kong.
I very often go to chinatown here in London for my ingredients.
Have a good day.
Alan
Aug 8, 2008 05:10
GUESTMOONSUNG Maccas and KFC are yumsu
Aug 22, 2008 18:44
GUEST18423 Looks like someone puked on the bun
Aug 24, 2008 10:47
  • YINDUFFY
I have suffered from "real Chinese food" while In China. The problem is not the main ingredients as much as in the preparation and spices/flavoring. American food tends to rely on the natural flavors of the main ingredients. On a real hamburger you can taste the beef. French fries taste like potatoes. In China, it will be masked with spices.
Another consideration is that American food is prepared for ease in eating. When you eat a McDonalds hamburger or fish filet you won't have to be careful about bones.
By using a knife and a fork, the diner can cut the food into pieces to their own liking and trim off parts they don't like.
Chinese food prepared in the U.S. does not have bone fragments or fish bones and soup will not have inedible fragments floating in it.
May 19, 2009 01:16
GUEST55125 hello,

My name is Justin and I am from America but, live in China. Jiang Xi, NanChang to be exact. In response to the young lady asking about western food in China . . . .
If you are in JiangXi, NanChang you can try one of my restaurants. One is Le Bistro 100 and we serve European bistro style foods. The other just opened is Cafe Roma. Here we serve Italian food. Now food can vary from country to country but over all we maintain the original flavors and taste as if you were back home in Europe or America. We don't change the food for the local tastes!!!

If you are in NanChang look us up.

Or if you have questions about western food or wine we can help. Restaurant Chef for over 12 years and restaurant owner for 3.

Cheers.
Jun 1, 2009 05:05
GUEST79193 Just saw this post from Justin. We are a group of Americans traveling in Nanchang for adoption and were looking for some "western food". Wow, what a treat for us to find Cafe Roma. This is not just another restaurant ... This is GREAT Italian food at it's BEST. Excellent appetizers, salads, pastas, pizzas and main dishes. All prepared very authentic. We tried it once and had to come back with a larger group for more. Excellent food at good prices. Way to go Justin.

BTW...It's located at 129 fuhe bei Road (Near the main river, east side a few blocks from the walking/shopping street)
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: western food in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code