Menu
Visa's for family members
May 22, 2007 19:41
  • ANNAT
Hi there,

we are travelling from NZ and intend to work as English Teachers in Changchun. We have a 16 year old daughter but we are not married.

We have been offered work and I can get a Z visa. The agency has stated that my partner can only get the F visa. But how long does he have to stay out of the country in order to renew his visa?

If we are going as a family will it be easier to say we are married? Will this make any difference to the type of visa he and my daughter can get?

May 22, 2007 22:04
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Your daughter should be able to get in on the back of your visa. There should be a space on the visa application form for dependent family members. There was last time I did a visa run, anyway.

Can't help with your partner, though, sorry.
May 23, 2007 03:39
  • BBQQ
Will your partner work in China too? If so, he can get Z visa
May 23, 2007 10:32
  • JABAROOTOO
F visas are relatively easy to get 6 months and 12 months and if you need to leave the country to renew it is just a matter of travelling to Hongkong where you can get a new one in just a few hours for a price. Still not as costly as going home though.
May 23, 2007 12:40
  • APAULT
You said you both intend to work. I assume that at the moment your partner has not obtained a job. There are so many jobs that provided the partner is adequately 'qualified', you should each get a Z visa. There is plenty of time, no need to rush. Then not being married should also cease to be an issue.

( I know someone who has not declared his marital status correctly because it is none of their business, but it is difficult if you have to show a marruiage certificate. Also I recollect having to submit a divorce certificate, but it would be simpler to say single, never married).
Jun 12, 2007 23:24
  • LEEOVISA
Your daughter can get a Residence Permit as Alien employee family member. The valid period is just like yours.

Your partner can get a F visa. With it, he can continuously stay in China for 1 year without leaving China mainland.

If you and your partner are married, he can get a Residence Permit as your daughter's.
But of course he can work and ask the company to apply for a Residence Permit for him.

Residence Permit for work = previous work visa

Jun 12, 2007 23:28
  • LEEOVISA
What's more, Beijing LEEO can help you on visa issues. Don't worry about the distances. LEEO do have many customers nationwide. Below it is the processing procedure for customers outside Beijing.
http://www.cn-visa.com/visaoutbj.asp
Post a Reply to: Visa's for family members
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code