Menu
2 weeks and a half for China
May 22, 2007 20:49
  • HERVE
Hi everyone.

I am in Shanghaï right now. I'm studying and it finishes on the 12 of july.
My plane to come back is on the 30th of july.

So I have this 18 days to go around China.

I'ld like to know the best places and maybe the order to go there in order to go as straight as possible.

I'ld like to see Pekin to but my favorite places are scenaries, lakes, forests and everything, maybe horse riding if it's possible.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks a lot

Bye
May 22, 2007 20:55
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,Herve,

18 days!!!A long trip!

If you want to do some horse riding,Inner Mongolia is the best choice,you can take 10 days around there.

For scenaries,lakes,forests,I think the southeast Guizhou,like Kuaili,and Guilin are both best,you can make it together,about 8 days!Also you can visit some minorities villages!

Good luck!
May 22, 2007 22:53
  • BENY999
HI.Herve.i think you can come to Guang DOng province.and go to the Qin Xin

rock.landscape.in Zhao Qing city.(you can click my photo alum.there are some

photoes of it there.) this place is for see the lake.

and for the forest you can go to Ding Hu moutain (it also lacated in Zhao Qing city)

and there is a very famous waterfall ( De Tian ) located in the bouandry between China and vietnam.in Gunag Dong province De Qing county.

for hourse riding i recommand you go to Tai Shan Fu Du hot spring.
May 23, 2007 03:28
  • BBQQ
Do you have any rough idea about what you like and where do you want to go?
May 23, 2007 10:40
  • JABAROOTOO
I recommend you follow California's advice for Mongolia and Guizhou . A wonderful contrast of landscapes, experiences and minority groups and easy to cover in the time you have.

You can spend three or four days in Beijing then head off to Mongolia then down to Guizhou, Kaili travelling to Guilin/Yangshuo in Guangxi and back to Shanghai or you could do it in the reverse. Either way would be OK

You have the time now to do some research. You sound like you've been studying Mandarin so language should not be a big issue.
May 23, 2007 12:17
  • APAULT
Don't try to travel all around China, pick an area to do the things that interest you. I'd go with the Mongolia etc advice, tho I havent experienced them myself. I haave been to Zhaoqing and really liked it, but I don't think it has the grandeur you might be looking for.

If you are in Shanghai, have you visited any of the water cities? I would suggest visiting one of them is a must
May 23, 2007 21:03
  • CHERYL
If your favorite places are scenaries, lakes, forests , I think Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou are also a good choice besides Guilin.
May 23, 2007 23:08
  • EVENING
And if you prefer history and culture, Beijing, Xi'an, Nanjing and Luoyang can not be missed!!
Oh, where are you, Herve?????
May 24, 2007 03:58
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Maybe he's doing some search to make a final dicision &_&
May 27, 2007 19:18
  • HOPE2008
hi Herve, when you come to beijing, just contact me, everything will be settled in Beijing. hehe.

my mail: 126.com|yyyj2008
Post a Reply to: 2 weeks and a half for China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code