Menu
Working days 29 & 30 Sep 07??? Golden Week Oct 07
May 24, 2007 01:12
  • M0THRA
Hi Everyone,

I have just joined this forum... though I have been looking around for awhile.

I have been trying to find information on the Golden Week in China or National Day 1st Oct 07. I am looking into going on the trans mongolian from Russia and the train gets to Beijing the afternoon of the 28th Sep. I have read that the 29th and 30th Sep tend to the working weekends to make a week long holiday from the 1st Oct.

Could someone please let me know if this is correct? Does anyone know what the crowds are like the weekend before the 1st Oct in Beijing?

Thanks

Lisa
May 24, 2007 01:21
That is true. Beijing Could be extremly crowd during the golden week.
May 24, 2007 01:41
  • M0THRA
Hi Tomorrowneverdie,

Do the 29th and 30th Sep also experience the huge crowds?

Thanks

Lisa
May 24, 2007 01:45
  • LEOPOLD219
A little bit less crowded, but still terrible!
May 24, 2007 03:54
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Anyway, China has a LARGE population!!
May 24, 2007 05:45
  • JABAROOTOO
You will arrive before the busiest time and over the weekend most people will continue to work. Suggest you stay in Beijing and visit some of the less popular sights around the city and perhaps try to get out to somewhere quieter for the later part of the week.

Or plan to get right away from Beijing but just beware that you will need to buy train and plane tickets weeks in advance if you want to escape otherwise there will simply be nothing available to the hot destinations.
May 24, 2007 11:52
  • HIGHLAND
We are spending a few days in Shanghai after our tour then need to fly Shanghai - Beijing on September 30th. to catch our flight back to London. Is it usually possible to get flight tickets on internal flightson the day or will we have to book well in advance? Especially as it is the eve of the national holiday. Thankyou.
May 24, 2007 19:41
Hard to say if you can or can not. So please book in advamce.
May 24, 2007 21:13
  • BETWEENUS21
its will be extremely crowded and esp for all forms of transportaion, hotels etc from 28th aug to at least 10th of october in view of the National Day holidays. It would be best to avoid this very peak time if possible - as even for hotel rates - tend to be firm or even increased and crowds are everywhere and its really a human crush.
May 25, 2007 05:09
  • JABAROOTOO
You are well advised to buy your tickets from Shanghai to Beijing before you arrive. While there are lots of flights daily, there is also lots of competition for seats these days. If you have a plane to catch then don;t take the risk at that time fo the year. I do this sort of thing often buying by ticket the day before or the same day, sometimes waiting for a later, cheaper flight if you know they exist but never if I have another plane to catch as it's not worth the risk.

Take a look at the flight schedules - icon on top of page will help you decide and you can even book and pay online
May 25, 2007 06:33
great post Mothra, I am similarly planning to return to Hongkong from Guilin on the Friday before the week holiday (my flight out of HK back to London being on the Tuesday 2nd October), and was wondering how long in advance to book my tickets... your post has ensured I will book early, so lots of thanks to those that submitted answers.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Working days 29 & 30 Sep 07??? Golden Week Oct 07
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code