Menu
What's Changchun like?
Dec 9, 2008 13:28
GUEST80103 i am trrying to contact a friend of mine in Changchun...could you help ?
email to yahoo.com|davidgoldy
Feb 20, 2009 02:14
GUEST46367 I am an American retired engineer; I came to Changchun over two years ago and got married to a great women and stayed. Changchun is called the cultural city it has very timid summers and cold winters it is a city of about 7.5 million people the funny thing is chinese consider this a small city.It is located fairly well for traveling many places do try to cater to westerners. Now as far as teaching deal directly with a college, not a middle man company they are known to cheat you. I knew a man and his wife they worked 40 hours weeks and was only paid 1/4 of the money they maid. The company took the rest now as far as students most are great and have taught at like Changchun tourism collge I had some of the student act like animals witch I corrected on the spot. I taught at Changchun collge most of the students were ok when they came to class, no I am at the Jilin agricultural collge I have none english majors but well behaved. And my wife is a teacher at Northeast Normal university for 19 years now. The fist thing in moving to China is get use to the reality China is behind the times........... now deodorant get use to adidas roll on cost about 55 RMB thats about $6.22 US dollars. Food a bought a small electric oven so I make my own bread and pizza...... there is a pizza hut in the city but chinese dont put tomato sauce on the pizza and they put corn and shrimp sad just sad to kill a good pizza. You will have allot to get use to our eyes are round so getting a good deal is hard you must know the chinese price so you can get close to a good price. If you have more questions you can use my web site asianorchidgeeks.com and I can talk more to you I have some pictures of Beijing flower market on it.........hope the best for you Ken
May 14, 2009 19:43
GUESTJENNY hi i m a student of changchun foreign language school .i d like to introduce some about the students here.the students r hospitale ,we like to make friends and know the different cultures.we welcome the friends from all over the world.there r foreign teachers in our school, they get on well with all the students.we become friends as well.hope my answer can help u some, if u wanna more,just ask me .best wishes
Aug 22, 2009 08:25
GUESTMAX Hi everyone. This thread has answered a lot of my questions as I will be arriving in Changchun in 2 weeks. I am glad that the people are so hospitable. I'm a kiwi (New Zealander) ^^ and will be teaching in Changchun soon and I have no idea what I'm in for. I'm always looking to meet new people and make friends, so if anyone wants to maybe show me around after I arrive I'd reeeaaally appreciate it.
Whats the music scene like over there? I play piano and flute and it would be great if I could find an amateur orchestra or something of the like to play in while i'm there. Since I can't take my piano with me, can someone tell me if and where I could find a cheap piano in Changchun?
Cheers.
Mar 3, 2010 23:04
GUESTKRIS Hi,

I'll be going to Changchun from Australia for 2.5 years starting May 2010.
1. I want to buy a digital piano. Do you know of any good music stores in Changchun and perhaps price range of pianos there?
2. I am also after a good upper market end road/racing bike (equivalent to Giant, Cannondale with alloy frame and carbon fork, Shimano 105 or better).
3. This is a difficult one - I am a veteran gymnast and I am looking for a men's gymnastics club for adults. Perhaps just ann access to the facilities with the personal coach.

I would appreciate any help - whatever you may know about the above.

Cheers

Kris
Mar 14, 2010 03:40
GUESTOSITA I lived in changchun between April 2002 and June 2006 and still visit there almost every year !
You dont need to fear about anything !
Its a very wonderful place.
Go to Xinkang lu near Guilin lu and you will get anything you want.
Have a very nice time in one of the most friendliest cities of the world !
Jul 19, 2010 09:09
GUEST06168 Hi there.

My name is Daniel. I'm a Australian-Asian planning to move to Changchun in Feb 2011 with my wife who is a Chinese national. We are currently living in Shanghai. I am interested in setting up a global wine shop and restaurant there. The restaurant will focus on western food like steak.

Do you think there is an interest there for wines and western style food? If so, what areas or streets do you think would be best to set up? Besides the licensing, taxes, and other business matters, are there any other things I should be worried about? Also, do you think it will be easy to find qualified waitstaff and a chef?

These questions might be a bit tough, but would appreciate any feedback you can give.

Thanks a lot.
Oct 10, 2010 15:53
GUEST36197 I will be teaching in Changchun soon. I would like to get some tailor made clothes. Probably a couple of sport jackets, some pants and maybe a suit and shirts. Any suggestions?
Oct 20, 2010 06:48
GUEST17720 I am a foreign student living in Changchun since 2-3years now.

To Daniel: Yes the Changchun people are definitely for Western food and wines. You can try the region of Guilin Lu or the Nanguan District...that's where people (Chinese and foreigners, esp. students) converge to all the time...I can't answer the other questions you asked..I never tried to set up a business here :-)

To GUEST36197: you can make tailor-made clothes (skirts, pillows, coats, pants, etc) in Changchun itself and choose your own fabric on the spot. Just bring a photo of what you want to be made, and it'll be custom-made. However, don't be surprised that they will make a second copy after they finish with your order. You can get places like the North Market (Beifang shichang) or somewhere around the Guilin Lu....ask any Chinese friend you get here or your Chinese assistant, if you get one.
Jun 20, 2011 05:47
GUEST16622 Could anyone please tell me the cheap market in Changchun where I can buy some clothes for children, women and Men. And also electronic goods remote car, aeroplane, toy casio etc. ?
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What's Changchun like?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code