Menu
What's Changchun like?
Feb 26, 2008 22:56
GUEST10112 Hi,

Is the first week of April good to visit Changchun? I enjoy the outdoor & nightlife activities.
Thank you in advance for your reply. Maybe I can meet with some of you folks living there.
Feb 28, 2008 15:35
  • ELLYSE
Shouldn't be a problem.
Mar 31, 2008 18:03
GUESTDENNIS
can anyone provide information of housing. best district to live, cost , utilities, furnishings etc. I will be looking for a 2 bedroom unit for 2 - 4 years. How about any links to apartment or real estate web sites? Any web sites for an english speaking Real Estate agent?

Second: does anyone use a housekeeper? I am thinking of a housekeeper to clean, shop and cook a few days per week for a few months until I get everything figured out. Are there classifieds for domestic help? Agencies? what is naverage cost per hour for this service?

Finally I am a serious bicyclist. I was thinking about bringing a road bike for my rfitness riding and buying a transportation bike there. is ther oppertunity for good fitness level bicycle riding?

Thanks so much for your help.
Apr 2, 2008 03:12
GUEST37146 Maybe you can get information from this website:

http://www.12changchun.com

It'll give you lot of information about Changchun.
Apr 5, 2008 06:44
GUESTDENNIS Thanks guest 37146 but that site did not provide the information I needed . It seems difficult to locate any type of Real Real estate or classified postings for Changchun like are available for the other cities I guess with a larger expat population. Are you presently in Changchun?
Apr 9, 2008 20:11
GUEST40138 My company has me set up in the Apollo Apartments. Does anyone know of these apartments?

May 5, 2008 08:01
GUEST55112 Im going to changchun in mid-may. Any tips on the clothes there???
May 19, 2008 11:47
GUEST22141 I spent a month in Changchun last August and another month this past January. The one thing you will notice there compared to the West is that they aren't as liberal with the use of AC and or heat as you might like them to be. The hotels were never an issue for this, but a lot of the smaller to medium restaurants seemed to be lacking in their amenities when it came to this... They usually tried to make up for it by having stand alone fans and stand alone electric heaters. Don't get me wrong, this didn't hurt my experience in any way, it was just a little unexpected flavour for my stories when I returned back home to Canada.

The shopping in Changchun is great (the electronics malls are a slice of heaven for a computer geek), but I had extreme difficulty in finding clothes that would fit my large frame. I'm 6', 220 lbs, and finding shirts was extremely tough. Here I'm an XL when buying a tshirt, but there, I was either a 4XL or a 5XL depending on the brand. So it's tough to find. Same problem with shoes, I joined a soccer league while I was there, and I wanted to get some cleats, but my size 11's (US size) were impossible to find, so I had to settle for using my runners.

The people tend to be incredibly friendly, the food is great (and extremely cheap) and the nightlife can be very interesting.

I'm going back there for another month this summer, and I highly recommend the city to anyone that has any concerns whatsoever.

Jul 27, 2008 20:44
GUEST14676 Welcome to Changchun, if you need help ,please come to us!!!!!!
Introduction
LoBo support team is officially registered with the chinese government ,and all operators are authorized by the government.

1) Language services: No matter which country that you come from, we shall offer friendly communication assistance. For example: we will provide English, Germany, French, Japanese, Bangladesh, spanish and etc with expert guides who will help you out. Of course ,you shall meet new friends here too.
2) Offering assistance in case of renting houses, cars venues etc
3) Tourism services to famous spots.
4) Help in booking tickets for the train, plane, ship, buses etc.
5) Offerng assistance to get full time and part time jobs
6) Providing training courses like : Chinese learning, Calligraphy, Peking opera, Chinese songs, guitar and other instruments, and the local folk art such as Er Ren Zhuan etc.
7) Help in organizing wedding ceremonies.
8) Commercial consulting in case one who wants to starte a restaurant or a shop in China.
9) Help in processing of visa, visa extension etc.
10) Offer Medical and safety guidence in Changchun.

We sincerely welcome you to join us and be a member of this international family
Lobo Support Team

The way to contact us: tele no.: 0431-85666745 /85660880
E-mail: yandy.cn|stephen
hotmail.com|iamzhangting
mobile phone :13944844992
Jul 28, 2008 20:31
GUEST10347 Yes, the students here are very hospitable, they are very cooperative and interactive as well, they are friendly and hospitable, they will be very willing to make friends with you, so you will have a good time being a teacher in changchun!
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What's Changchun like?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code