Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Jan 31, 2009 01:14
  • BLACKKNIGHT7
hi anyone i too like danny am engaged to chinese lady and just do not know where to start please any help step by step
Feb 2, 2009 11:39
  • MERIDIAN
I'm a Canadian working in Beijing. I'm living with a girl from Chengdu and we plan to wed. As soon as we are legally wed I would like to start the process of applying for spousal sponsership so her and I can go live in Canada. But she can't be apart from me. She is pretty clear on that one! So I have to stay in China until she can come to Canada. Do you guys see that being any problem with the spousal sponsorship if I am residing in China while it is being processed (about one year)?

Also I have dual citizenship of USA and Canada (but born in Canada). So which country would be easiest for me to get her into? I think in Canada my best bet is to marry her and get the spousal sponsorship and in USA it would be to get some kind of Spousal VISA. I could make more money working in USA.. but of course my closest family is in Canada. So both countries are ok by me. Just I can't see myself ever saving much money for retirement by working in China. And the pollution and overcrowding here degrades the quality of life in general. (and probably life expectancy rate goes down!).
Feb 4, 2009 22:22
GUEST11197 It desired to greaters information as I will be able to come to deal with the formalities in coming to marry a natural one of Hunan.
Feb 5, 2009 22:33
  • CANADAGUY
>...As soon as we are legally wed I would like to start the process of applying for spousal sponsership so her and I can go live in Canada. But she can't be apart from me. She is pretty clear on that one! So I have to stay in China until she can come to Canada. Do you guys see that being any problem with the spousal sponsorship if I am residing in China while it is being processed (about one year)?

Meridian, that won't be a problem at all. You can live in China the whole time your application is being processed.

>Also I have dual citizenship of USA and Canada (but born in Canada). So which country would be easiest for me to get her into?

I would say it would be easier/faster to get a spousal visa for Canada.

Feb 10, 2009 00:09
GUESTDAVID M... I am a South African citizen and married to a Chinese lady (married in Dalian) what can I do to obtain a longer visa or relative visa, at the present moment I got a visit visa for 6 months thank you.
Feb 12, 2009 07:54
GUEST82416 HI Am an Indian national n gona land in bj to marry my chinese girl , can u tel me isnt the NOC FROM INDIA IS NEEDED FOR THE SAME , N WAHT ELSE DOCUMENTS I NEED TO PRODUCE IN CHINA .

URS KIND ATTN ON THIS MATER IS MUCH NEEDED .

Thanks
Feb 13, 2009 21:57
From what I understand, the visa process starts in the US, and once you can show you have met then you cna start the visa process, is this true? I am going over to meet my online girlfriend, then I will apply for the visa when I come back and have pictures of us together and whatnot right, or do I nee to bring the forms and all that when I go to meet her?
Feb 13, 2009 23:16
  • CANADAGUY
Correct, the visa processing by the government starts in the U.S. _if you are applying for a fiance visa or a spousal visa.

If you are applying for a visitor's visa, then it starts in China at the U.S. Embassy.

If you are applying for the first two visa types you would need to show proof of your relationship.

You don't need to bring the forms with you when you meet her, but there may be a few that you could bring, that she needs to complete.

Feb 14, 2009 11:45
GUEST22711 I am a American citizen and married a chinese lady last March. The process was quite simple. I went to the American consulate/embassy filled out avery short form and the wife andI had it translated then went to the marriage office got the marriage certificatethere and went to the civil office and registered the marriage and we are married. The cost was about $150.00 USD/paid in RMB.
We tried for her a visa and was turned down because I am retired.
Now I am returning to China to live with her there.
Feb 14, 2009 11:55
GUEST22711 You can make a affidavid at the US embassy in Beijing and they will hand you a single eligible to marry document for a fee. Then you will have to have it translated into chinese and certified..Then you get married. It is not a church service but a contract in China.
Page 22 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code