Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Jan 17, 2009 20:22
GUEST14353 Thanks again! You give sound advice. Is it possible that she can pay more to get a spouse visa expedited? I thought it would take me several months for mine and when I called a reputable agency, they said I could get a visa in 2 days if I pay for it. It's all new to me. I'm just trying to lay out a plan that would be the most economical and to get everything in the right order. I know, everyone says to slow down. I look for the red flags. I've scoured the internet for scams. So far site unseen, no red flags. If she is not some big fat guy sitting in his basement sending out pics of beautiful girls. She's the girl of my dreams. How many times has someone told you that? We will talk next weekend on the phone to see how well we communicate. We write daily, last night I finnaly told her a very personal physical problem I have that will effect our sex life, if you know what I mean. I thought it could possibly be a deal breaker. I was sweating bullets. She said she did not care and that she would love me forever. Sorry I'm not trying to give you all the mushy details. I just really thought it was a sign of how true her feelings are. I've only been married once in my life but I am one to move kind of fast. Thanks again as always. PS: First guy I ever really met from Canada told me how he made beer in his basement. He got me hooked. That was about 25 years ago. Sill brewing!
Jan 18, 2009 18:12
  • CANADAGUY
>Is it possible that she can pay more to get a spouse visa expedited?

No that isn't possible. The only thing you could try, if you get to the spousal visa stage, is to get in touch with your congress-person and ask them if they could try to speed things up a bit.

>I thought it would take me several months for mine and when I called a reputable agency, they said I could get a visa in 2 days if I pay for it.

It definitely would not take several months for you to get a visa to China.
I don't know the wait times for the U.S., but they are probably similar to Canada.
Here it takes about one week. Again you could get a rush visa in a day or two but you pay about double the price for that.

So the agency you are talking about is telling you the truth, but you'd pay even more if you had them do it for you.

> If she is not some big fat guy sitting in his basement sending out pics of beautiful girls.

May I make a helpful suggestion for you?
If you plan a trip to China it will be very costly.
Buy a webcam for yourself and your girlfriend (if she doesn't have one) and have a few video chats with her before you go. The cost of buying these cams if you don't have them now is peanuts, when you compare the cost of the trip to China.

Video chats will accomplish a few things, not least of which it will allow you to rule out the 'fat guy' possibility. It will also give you an opportunity to see your face-to-face chemistry.

>PS: First guy I ever really met from Canada told me how he made beer in his basement. He got me hooked. That was about 25 years ago. Sill brewing!

It's funny you should mention that. A fellow I knew a few years ago, who unfortunately passed away, was a home-brewer as well.
I'm not a big beer drinker but I know a good beer when I taste it!
His home-brew was the best-tasting beer I have ever had in my life.
The commercial beers don't even come close.
Jan 19, 2009 13:49
GUEST32132 I also am intrested on what is needed from both of us to get married I live in United States and she lives in China. Is there somewhere I can get information on this. Thanks David
Jan 19, 2009 21:57
GUEST17176 Can you get a fiance visa for yr chinese woman bride to be and marry her in the states? If not if you get married in china how long before she can come to live in the states? thx john
Jan 21, 2009 22:56
  • CANADAGUY
John, scroll up a little in the posts and you'll find your answers.
Jan 22, 2009 15:38
  • HUIXING
Hi guys, some advice from you would be greatly appreciated...I'm trying to check off all things are covered...

I met my fiancée in mid-2007 whilst in China for 6 months - I posted about it on here at the time with lots of uncertainty about what we could do. Anyway, we both got through a difficult 2008 for all manner of reasons, not least only seeing each when she came to England for a month or when I went to China in August and again for Xmas/New year when I proposed.

We are looking at marrying in April in China, before applying for a spouse visa for her to stay with me in the UK.

Me: I'm 30 year old male UK citizen, with a UK passport, living (temporarily with parents to help savings) and working in the UK.

Fiancée: 35 from Baotou (Inner Mongolia) but living in Beijing for past 7 years. She has a BA in English Masters in English Teaching from Beijing Normal University. Hopefully this will aid the visa process to UK as a fluent and well-qualified person.

I have informed my employer and given my role, they are reluctant for me to take more than 2 weeks off! Given the exceptional circumstances (not a regular holiday), they are prepared to give a maximum of 4 weeks away so I need to plan this well time-wise. Of course it's critical I keep my job for our future plans.

Now for the requirements:
I will need a Certificate of No Impediment. I intend to get this as soon as possible in the UK and have it legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office then Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the UK to negate the need to be in China 21 days prior to declaring our wish to marry (as advised on http://ukinchina.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-china/how-register-marriage).

Second - the 21 days to wait for marriage - my fiancée's brother 'knows' officials in Baotou and has spoke to them about this 21-day period. He assures us that there is no need to wait that long and we will be able to marry almost immediately upon arrival as long as we have the correct documentation. GuanXi in action, right?

Again that website above states:
Getting married in China is simple, however, a lot of people do not realise that you can deposit a certified copy of the translation of your marriage certificate at the General Register’s Office in the UK via us.

Documents we need to see;
-Chinese Notary copy with English translation. (A4 booklet) for us to retain
-British nationals passport (copy will be taken)
-Red book (copy will be taken)

(continues in next post)
Jan 22, 2009 15:38
  • HUIXING

Question 1: what exactly is the Chinese Notary copy?

Question 2: In the word document from the website above, at the end of the guidance notes it says it will take 'Approximately 6 weeks' - I assume this is for the 21 days for CNI + 21 days for Notice of Intent. By obtaining and legalising my CNI in the UK and with the advice of my fiancée's brother, the process should be a few weeks maximum for me.

After the marriage, I will return to the UK and move to rented accommodation (which I am preparing) and then we will start the spouse visa process... how time consuming might this be as we'd obviously want to be together as soon as possible. Also, my fiancée already has a Masters course University application accepted for September - is this in anyway useful to a spouse visa application?

We have all manner of proof of our relationship - SMS, emails, photos of us together in China, photos together in various parts of the UK.

Thanks for reading and any advice is truly appreciated.
Jan 24, 2009 18:02
  • JLOTT
i am going to china to get married to a woman who lives in jilin ,i have recieved my single statis from secretary of state in ohio ,i have applied for a vis ,i have a notorized birth certificat by secretery os state ,i have a phyiscal paper from my doctor herein ohio , what is a temperary resident permit do i need if so how do i get it , and do i have to go there for another doctors medical exam , and what else do i need to be pre pared .also does translation have to be done there
Jan 25, 2009 22:04
  • RPREHODA
Hello.
I am in a challenging situation. I am 51 and the woman that I met on CLL is 30 both of us are divorced and she has twin boys age 1 years old living with her parents in Xinjiang. So that she can work and avoid an abusive husband that wants to split up the twins. I have twin girls living with me in Los Angeles, CA. She works as a Magazine Editor in Beijing, I am a Contract Administrator working for Northrop Grumman. Our hearts and our minds are in the right direction and that our correspondence with lead to meetings face to face and leading to marriage. I do know that there are alot of complicated processes with paperwork, issues and documentation. Is the a step by step process to do this the right way to avoid lengthy delays? Do I get married in China or the US? Do I bring here to the US on a visa? I have no clue as what to do next.

Any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
V/r,
Rick
Jan 28, 2009 06:32
GUESTCHINESE... This is in replying to #Guest 75216

Are you serious to pay for over 100.000 RMB. It doesn't make sense, pls be carefully as it sounds like a trick. Absolutely not that much, even seems like a luxury spends for a wedding party in China. Anyway, I thot that you should have your own answer right now. Good Luck and hope you can find a true love.
Page 21 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code