Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Mar 30, 2009 10:31
  • SELFMADEMOB
I am an American male who has been talking to a Chinese woman I met on E-Harmony. I am far from marriage but I know the process is long and drawn out. If anyone is reading this and has Yahoo messenger please contact me so we can talk about it. My yahoo name is yahoo.com|limewirethief
Mar 30, 2009 10:58
  • WOLFY
Hello everyone,
It is great to see so many people attempting to help each other. I want to marry my Chinese girlfriend too. I have been told two differing stories.
First that it is best to marry in China and then apply for spousal sponsorship prior to bringing her back to the UK.
Second, that it is simpler to bring her to the UK on a spousal visa and marry here.
It seems to me that we would need less documentation to marry in China but we would still need it all to bring her to the UK.
Can anyone advise. I'm sure someone out there knows the answers. Reading this it seems to go from being simple to impossible in a few paragraphs!
We have known each other for almost two years now and met one time, for three weeks, last summer. Fabulous.
Apr 3, 2009 02:49
GUESTMISS XENA i just want to ask my fiancee is a chinese citizen but a resident of the philippines.we are planning to get marry but how can he get the certificate of impediment to marriage in the philippine china embassy.what are the requirements he need to bring.thank u.
Apr 3, 2009 20:23
GUESTGUEST88 What are the income requirements? i am disabled and limited in my income potential,but have other savings.
Apr 5, 2009 04:09
  • WOLFY
This is to anyone who has had success in the UK. Is it true that I will need to have a "HIPs" certificate for my home as part of our applicaion for a marriage visa? Are there any other peculiar things that I will be needing? Exactly which documents, apart from my devorce certificate, do I need to have notarised?
Apr 10, 2009 00:15
GUEST02240 Any one thinking of or wanting to marry any foreign national either male or female let me first tell you that the process is really not all that bad. Yes you do have to visit the individual in person, take pictures of you both together to prove that you have met. The Fiancee visa package is the easiest and quickest way to get your fiancee out of their country to go to the U.S. or one of the U.S. Territories so you can get married. This package process normally takes 3 months to be approved Stateside. Once approved USCIS will forward the package to the U.S. Embassy in the country of your fiancee. That Embassy will contact your fiancee normally by a letter which they have scheduled a doctor's appointment for a Medical Examination. Once the Exam is done the results will be forwarded back to the U.S. Embassy where they will check to see if any medical problems exist (if any major problems come up in the examination you can believe that your fiancee will be denied).....
Apr 10, 2009 00:19
GUEST02240 .....The U.S. Embassy will contact the fiancee again for an interview. The U.S. Embassy will mail a list of tems that your fiancee will need to bring to that interview (pictures of you both together, letters that you have written to each other (make sure if you use Instant Messaging that it saves all your conversation, have your fiancee print those out and take as well to show you are in constant communication with each other - this is very important), the U.S. Embassy will read parts of those communication letters/Instant Messaging to verify that you both mention and talk about certain things. Once every thing checks out and the U.S. Embassy believes you both are serious and that no fraud is intended, the U.S. Embassy will then stamp your fiancee's Passport with a visa to enter the U.S. or one of the U.S. Territories. Your fiancee will take with them a large package with x-rays, and other paperwork. You both will have about 120 days to get married. If you do not marry within 120 days your fiancee will be order to return back to their country. Once married go to the Social Security office and apply for a Social Security card for your new spouse. You will then need to visit your local USCIS office after you received your marriage certificate for an interview where the USCIS will issue your new spouse a Green Card good for two years. You will have to make an appointment to have another interview 90 days before the two year Green Card expires (this is important, make sure you do this around the 90 days two year expiration). At that interview the will want to see that you both are still married so make sure you have opened a bank account that have both your names on the checking account/book.
Apr 10, 2009 00:23
GUEST02240 .....Show that you have some type of bills that have both of your names on it, and some city/county mail with your new spouses name on it. Also medical bills that show you have them listed as a dependent. Now everything is quite simple. Just follow and read what you need to do and do it. Don't get scared or confused about the things I mention above; it is not going to happen back to back, it's just one thing at a time. I tell you this because when I was in the U.S. Navy on the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier homeported in Yokosuka, Japan for over 23 years before returning for the first time back to the continental United States (CONUS - mainland) I married a foreign national. When I transfered over to the Legal Department one of my task was that all and any sailor wanting to marry a foreign national had to see me first so I could talk to them about the best and quickest way to marry.
Now many of you should keep in mind that when you marry a foreign national and bring them to the U.S. please remember this... You are taking them away from their country where they have lived all there life, from friends and family, please always remember that. They have not close relatives here with them so it will be very hard for them to need to talk to someone, they will feel very alone if your relationship is sore. Also remember the culture, religion, education, upbringing, and the way they have lived. I will be a culture shock to them, so take it easy, slow, and be opened minded because they are really counting on you, they have place much of there life and heart in your hands. Good luck to each of you that go this way, and if you should have any questions at all please email me at yahoo.com|willd2da2002. Remember laws change all the time, so make sure you read as much as you can. Do not assume anything (KNOW IT) it will make it all so much easier.

GOOD LUCK
Apr 10, 2009 17:18
  • JOHNNY57
hey buddy apply to the states much faster and better canadian embassy is bull i filed a complaint against them in the fedral court of canada i have know my wife for three years and married last year tried to get visitors visa could not get one but got one for the states and england... and i friend of mine married also in chengdu and now has waited 20 months so far for his wifes visa and still no luck getting her to canada
Apr 19, 2009 08:51
GUEST11565 You realy want to be happy with a Chinese woman LEARN TO SPEAK CHINESE I did and its the best thing I have done so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 24 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code