Menu
How to Say Hobbies in Chinese
Jun 17, 2007 11:03
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
LOJADE,

If you are running Windows XP on your computer, go the following link at Microsoft and it will tell you how to load the East Asian (Simplified Chinese as well) language pack. It will allow you to input pinyin, which will then translate to Chinese characters in your messages.

It will be a little tough if you do not know pinyin and the appropriate tones. A good Chinese dictionary will help. Good luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/
documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/int_pr_install_languages.mspx?mfr=true

Jun 23, 2007 22:53
  • KSWONG
APAULT, are u American? Because I think in the Queen's English (ie British), "hobby" does not have any negative connotations.
Jun 23, 2007 22:57
  • KSWONG
To my understanding, collecting stamps, coin, art, antiques and so on, are "hobbies" and there are no other words with a more precise meaning.
Jun 29, 2007 09:58
  • CSWONG
hobby = 嗜好
Jun 29, 2007 19:48
  • WDSIMON
hobby=业余爱好
Jun 29, 2007 19:51
  • WDSIMON
hobby:
An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.
Jul 3, 2007 00:03
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
Hi Everyone !

I recently finished my first semester of Chinese in Los Angeles, and my native Chinese speaker used a tex ftbook with hobby written as: 爱好 (ai4hao4).

My favorite online dictionary only lists 爱好 as the fifth choice for definition in this order: to like/ to be fond of/ to be keen on/ interest/ hobby.

I know ai4 (爱) from Wo3 ai4 ni3 (我爱你). I Love You! I say that to my wife everyday :-)

理查 (Rick)

Jul 4, 2007 01:15
  • MONICAMARS
hi,老汉rick,do you have any interest to take Chinese class online. the teachers are also Native Chinese speaker, and more professional. the difference is , you don't need to face to face, but throught the internet. it's more convenient, you can learn Chinese anytime as you like. want to know more, you can go for a look.
the URL is :www.chineseour.com
hope you like it.:)
Oct 29, 2007 14:22
GUEST41349 Hey whats up guys i am so happy the book read about chinese helped me alot
Dec 30, 2007 19:56
  • LIJINSUSU
To and talk to live chinese teachers online for free. Let them to translate your hobbies and explain the difference in expression one-on-one. What you need to do is to enter http://www.echineselearning.com to experience the free trial.
My website:http://www.echieselearning.com
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to Say Hobbies in Chinese
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code