Menu
Farewell to Smoking in Public Places
Jun 4, 2007 04:30
  • APAULT
There are a few lucky (??) one LP, but you are judging a bit soon, he is still likely to die younger than if he didnt smoke.

also it still ignores the right that over half the population of China has of NOT having tobacco smoke. in fact only about 35% of the Chinese population smokes but 100% is forced to consume the smoke. (35%: > 25% of the population is under 18. leaves 75%. only 4% of women smoke, and >10% of men don't smoke, so less than 35%).

I am strongly anti smoking and am always vociferous (outspoken) in Australia and the UK, but here I am more tolerant as I am indeed a foreigner, a guest. However, when there are laws such as in bus and train waiting rooms I do sometimes take a stand. It would be nice if the authorities would at least enforce the existing rules in such places.

(AND if anyone wonders why I use 'big words' and then explain them in my posts... I am a teacher!! Once a teacher, always a teacher! For those who want to, it is an opportunity to learn, for those whose English skills are more limited, they can read the explanation).
Jul 2, 2007 20:14
  • LEOPOLD219
Actually, most smokers awares that smoking is harmful to their health, but they still enjoy it . I am confused, Why? Vanity? or get rid of stress?
Jul 3, 2007 01:47
I'm glad about the ban, I had problems with my health in the past and the doctors thought it was because I was smoking too heavy, they were surprised when I told them that I was a non-smoker, it was all because I was inhaling other peoples smoke in pubs.
Jul 3, 2007 13:03
  • LIONPOWER
Too sensitive respiration system
Jul 10, 2007 02:57
  • KATRINA
Lionpower, very often, the respiratory system of human beings is quite sensitive and fragile. Many infectious diseases spread through respiratory system. Have you forgotten the outbreak of SARS?
Jul 10, 2007 09:31
  • LIONPOWER
No, I did not out break SARS.

But if is difficult for me to compare cigarette smoke with SARS.
Jul 11, 2007 02:18
  • CHINATUCK
OH the "Democratic" do gooders ban smoking now you want a Communist country to tell its people what to do!
MAO will turn over in his grave and laugh
Jul 11, 2007 20:32
  • YVONNE
Whether "Democratic" do gooders or Communist country have to care the health of the citizens, at this point, there is no difference.

Freedom of life and a healthy physique is one of the basic human rights.
Jul 19, 2007 02:13
  • ZOEY
Although the pack is attached the warning: '" smoking endangers your health" Smokers usually turn a blind eye to it.

Here, want to add some words behind the warning " Smoking not only endangers your own health, but also others' health. Sometimes, passive smokers or secondhand smokers will suffer more than the smokers.

Hate smoking!!!
Jul 19, 2007 03:00
I was the only non smoker growing up at home, smoking in the end claimed both my parents.
I can now go to a pub and not go home smelling of nicotine.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Farewell to Smoking in Public Places
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code