Menu
Farewell to Smoking in Public Places
Jul 19, 2007 22:25
  • APAULT
Do gooders? No, you can kill youirselves if you want but 'smoking should be like sex....for consenting adults in private!

Sensiotive LP? yes, sensitive to the arrogance and insensitivity of the minority that force us to inhale their poison too...andit's especially criminal when it is forced on children.

Consider, I like a beer but I go to the WC to get rid of my waste, I don't expel it over other people!
Jul 29, 2007 23:02
  • MIRANDAZHAO
"I like a beer but I go to the WC to get rid of my waste, I don't expel it over other people! "

Wow,APAULT,what can i say.Your evidence is forceful and you are quite eloquent. Additionally, you are quite environmentally conscious.
Aug 16, 2007 21:17
  • LEONARDO
Last weekends, when I chatted with a girl on the internet, she said to me that she liked smoking. Why/? She thougjht smoking made her feel cool and attractive. One of the boys in my former unversity told me that he began smoking recently.He said: 'holding a cigarette in hand is appealing to fad girls."Additionally, exchanging cigarettes are part of etiquette in doing business. Well, I feel dizzy, a headaching phenomenon.
Aug 23, 2007 13:29
  • GRIZ326
I am a cigar smoker. I only smoke fine, handmade cigars. Cigars generate a lot of smoke and with a strong aroma and flavors you taste on your tongue. I do not inhale the smoke. The smoke from cigars is dramatically different from cigarette smoke: fine cigars are pure tobacco; cigarettes are predominantly tobacco, plus filler, plus chemical additives, plus paper. Cigarette smoking is far more hazardous than cigar smoking. Cigarette smoking is also strongly addictive while cigar smoking is not. However, cigar smoking is a hazard to my health, it is also a simple pleasure.

I enjoy smoking cigars with friends when we play cards and in the evening after work while looking at my mountain.

I am also a polite smoker; at every establishment I ask the proprietor for permission to smoke. If there are children present or if someone is eating I do not light up. I do not frequent smoking establishments unless I want to smoke a cigar.

I believe in moderation in all things, even moderation.

One more thing, there is a considerable difference in the smell of a fine cigar and the smell of a cheap cigar: fine cigars are aromatic much like a pipe; cheap cigars are stinky.
Aug 23, 2007 21:04
  • JIMMYB
"Cigars generate a lot of smoke and with a strong aroma and flavors you taste on your tongue."

Griz, is that true? If so, I want to have a try. Some friends told me that smoking can help them release stress and pressure. Some others believed that smoking can relieve pain both emotionally and physically. I found that most drivers smoke. They claimed that smoking can keep them alert and awake.
Aug 24, 2007 11:22
  • GRIZ326
Yes Jimmy, a fine cigar is made with high quality tobacco. I read that some chefs in San Francisco are using tobacco as a food spice. Tobacco takes on the attributes of the soil in which it grows. Some times tobacco is peppery, other times it is nutty and there are dozens of other flavors that can be conveyed in a good cigar.

That said, JimmyB, it takes a while before you can taste those things. I think you will hate the taste of your first cigar unless you are smoking it with good friends.

Besides - why start to smoke? While smoking can be relaxing and enjoyable, it is not healthy.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Farewell to Smoking in Public Places
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code