Menu
Suggestions to improve the forum functions
Jun 1, 2007 04:33
  • JHALLUCINE
I thought the forum could use some advanced features...

- tags
Why not add a tag function to posts (like blog entries) so that they are more readily indexed and searchable?

- feed
Providing feeds like rss or atom for forum posts, comments, even user stats etc will make keeping track of things much much easier! Personally I find coming back to find updates and new interesting thread a pain especially when I don't have the luxury of time to do that.

I notice posts here are usually short and hence easy to type any quote...but still a 'quote' function would be sweet.

- and what about a live chatroom? given the amount of members and guests online at any time, i think it'd be cool to give everyone a chance to interact in real time.

- i'll think of more..please feel free to add on stuff~
Jun 1, 2007 04:46
  • JHALLUCINE
- edit
once a post is submitted there's no 'edit' function for the author--i thought that's a little inconvenient..

- number of threads/posts shown on one page
...a little on the low side--at least you can give the reader a choice, 10 or 20 or 50 or 100 like google search. Having to continually click on next page link is kinda clumsy.
Jun 1, 2007 04:53
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear JHALLUCINE,

Thanks very much for your valued suggestions!! We will transfer your suggestions to our engineers as soon as possible. The TCG community is still under further construction and we are glad to see the great ideas from our members.

Thanks again!

Christine
Jun 1, 2007 05:50
  • JHALLUCINE
- rich text?
i advocate none of the excesses, maybe just simple stuff like bold, italicize and underline would be pretty nice.

- map/places i've been to?
I don't know how to best to put this, but the guys over at www.douban.com do a very impressive job of putting up an interactive map thingie...an example would be http://www.douban.com/people/FreezingFire/places this would be very cool for this travel site.
Jun 1, 2007 06:03
  • JHALLUCINE
- allow basic html
adding on to last point, obviously it's more user friendly to make hypertext appear as clickable links..not like I'll have to manually copy and paste stuff like http://www.TCG.com into my address bar and press enter..
Jun 3, 2007 02:40
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Jhallucine,
Sincerely thanks for so many great ideas!! : )
We will consider of them and do full effort to make our site more attractive and informative.
Appriciate your more ideas if you have.
Thanks again!
Siva
Jun 17, 2007 00:18
  • APAULT
Siva

I have been trying to find information while travelling. Forum posts are not too difficult but often result in too many.... so I would like to see a second level search, or a more advanced first search. (It seems that two words only get a hit if they are consecutive).

But there does not seem to be a search facilty on cities or on travel tips etc. So if I look up Chongcing I get a very long list of articles and posts. What I wanted was budget accommodation - a search on these words...not necessarily as consecutive words would be great.

If the previous contributor who suggested tags, means the posting person must add the tags, I don't see much value in this, most postors will not apply them, many do not know what they are.

Even further, there should definitely NOT be any HTML functionality - HTML is not a user function, it is technical functionality (and I state this as an ex business analyst who frequently represented business users against the excesses of the techies!).
Jun 17, 2007 22:55
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Thanks for your suggestions dear all!
We will take a comprehensive consideration and make an all-sided decision on forum functions!
Thanks again! : )
Jul 18, 2007 03:42
  • APAULT
Siva. I am pleased to see the r4ecent changes to Forums. I see though that there is still no way of searching travel tips. I have placed some in there but they are of little value as there is no way (that I can see) or searching for them. Are you planning to add this? If not I won't bother adding any more because nobody is going to go through many screens hoping to find something useful to their needs.
Cheers, Paul
Jul 18, 2007 21:52
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Yes,Thank you Paul, we are now considering to add search box not only in Travel Tips, but also in Travel Reviews and Photo Albums. It just needs time. : )
Jul 20, 2007 05:36
  • APAULT
Ok Siva, thanks. If it's coming that's cool :) When I next get some clear time on the net, probably 6 weeks away when the new term starts, I'l add a few more .
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Suggestions to improve the forum functions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code