Menu
Suggestions to improve the forum functions
Oct 14, 2007 07:30
  • GHOST
Hi Siva

I see this question has been asked already but I wanted to see to mention it again. Is there any chance of editing our own posts?

Sometimes information changes or I realise I've written something that isn't quite correct and would like to edit it but currently do not have that option. I think it would be a very helpful addition.

Thanks for providing a very good web-site!
Oct 14, 2007 07:47
  • JABAROOTOO
What about an option to return to or go back to the previous window. Sometimes I look at a post to read it and then there are several steps to get back to the list again. Very time consuming
Oct 18, 2007 10:35
  • APAULT
Jabaroo, while I don't want to undemine the possibilty of such a function I normally open a second window (File/New/Window). This also allows me to look at what I or someone else has written elsewhere.
Nov 9, 2007 05:51
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Hi Siva, Christine,

thank you for the new layout! The right side column is gorgeous... but a slight problem, i know i picked up a silly username... anyway, but it's too long to appear the whole properly and it looks odd. If possible, only if possible, kindly do something about it!

Thanks in advance,

FaerieQueene
Nov 9, 2007 20:26
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Queene,

Thanks for your suggestion! We have noticed the problem. Our engineers are handling the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you! Thanks again!

Community Moderators
Nov 29, 2007 08:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Does the forum have smilies? Maybe I am just missing them? It's kinda hard to express yourself without smilies. ;-)

Also, it would be nice if the posts are editable for a few hours after posting.

Nov 30, 2007 19:53
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi SHESGOTTOBE,

Thanks for your suggestion! We will take your advice into consideration.

Community Moderators
Dec 2, 2007 21:43
  • CANADAGUY
Anyone here who is participating in more than a few threads, say five or more, knows how difficult it is to follow the discussions.

You have to either remember/make note of which Forums the threads are in and then navigate to these threads to see if there has been any new activity there.

It is not a very efficient way to spend your time on this site.

I would like to suggest to the moderators here that they consider using a third party software that greatly facilitates the whole process of Forum discussions. There are several excellent software packages commonly used on the internet that can be purchased at very reasonable prices or rented on a monthly or yearly basis.

The benefits to the members, guests and support people here would be well worth the nominal cost.

I am in no way associated with these software companies. I simply
appreciate the effectiveness of their forum management in comparison to the way things operate here.

You have a great site with fabulous members and guests. I am just suggesting a way to make it much more enjoyable for them to participate in their discussions.
Dec 3, 2007 20:15
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi, CANADAGUY

Thanks for your suggestion! We will take your advice into consideration.
Dec 19, 2007 15:10
  • CANADAGUY
Here's another suggestion to improve Forum participation and ease of use.

If you could lock certain sections of the window it would really help users remember where they are and also allow them to navigate to different forums in a much quicker way.

For example, right now if a user scrolls down to read posts in a forum they can easily forget which Forum they are in. However if the top of the page, the part just under the yellow banner stays fixed, or locked in, then the user would always be able to see which Forum they were in.

Another important section to lock in would be the section on the left side of the screen, to the left of the yellow line; the one that lists the Forums and other main parts of the site. If this were locked in, then a user could very quickly jump from one Forum to another. Right now, a user must scroll back up to the top of the page in order to see the Forums and choose another one.

Of course the Forums on the left side would need a scroll bar, in addition to being frozen or locked in, because all the info would not fit on just one screen page.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Suggestions to improve the forum functions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code