Menu
To be a full-time house wife or an office cleaner?
Jun 6, 2007 04:12
  • ZOEY
Just imagine:

You get married with a rich man and he loves you and regard you as the treasure. You need not to work. All you have to do is to look after your husband and your child. If you feel bored, you can drive your car to buy what you like at the shopping mall or play mah-jong with your friends. What kind of life is it?

This kind of women are called full-time house wives. In Chinese, we say 全职太太. Girls are dreaming of this kind of life.

Mrs. Yan is an exception. Two years ago, she led such a life. In May 2007, she found a job, an office cleaner. At the beginning, his husband and sisters did not allow her to do so because they thought it was shameful. However, she insisted that she would be an office cleaner. Finally, her husband gave up.

Her salary is 500 RMB per month. Compared with the income of her husband, it is too little. People around her also could not understand her decision. Someone said that what she earned even could not meet the cost of the car oil. She is silly.

Any comments? Looking forward to hearing your voice.
Jun 6, 2007 04:48
  • PEA28COCK
i don't want my life to be super boring, so if ever i marry a rich man, i will never be a full-time housewife.

job or career is very much important to me. i need a sense of achievement, which has nothing to do with money. :)
Jun 6, 2007 04:48
  • APAULT
I'd hate the rich life, always at home, just being a servant to other family members.

But wouldn't it be better if the 'cleaner' started a small business, perhaps with an understanding husband's help?
Jun 6, 2007 05:02
  • ZOEY
Good idea, paul. The rich life makes Mrs. Yan feel bored so that she starts to do the cleaning work though people can not understant her. She said she would try her best to be the best office cleaner.

Peacock. You are independent. Great.
Jun 6, 2007 09:49
  • GRIZ326
A full time housewife raising children has a FULL TIME JOB!

...but without the children "idle hands are the devil's workshop" (a old Irish saying).

Every person needs to find satisfaction in their life and I believe most of us get our sense of self from our accomplishments. Good for Mrs. Yan!
Jun 6, 2007 17:19
  • CHYNAGYRL
Staying at home is nice, for a while. It's peaceful and the woman can concentrate on household tasks. However, after the kids are old enough to go to school, it would be nice for a mom to find a part-time job outside the home! That would help her keep in touch with the world. If I ever have the luxury of being a *kept woman* :-) , I would go to art school. That Chinese woman should find something she can be passionate about... unless she really is passionate about office cleaning, in which case she can open a business.
Jun 6, 2007 19:26
  • ZOEY
She wants to prove that she can finish the job excellently and people's misunderstanding is unreasonable.
Jun 6, 2007 20:19
  • BBQQ
Maybe she don't have talent on opening business. That's why she choose labor.
Jun 7, 2007 01:14
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, she is too talent.
She start from the bottom
Aug 17, 2007 01:52
  • KATRINA
Leading such a life is quite boring. But some girls are dreaming of it. It is very sad.
Aug 18, 2007 01:46
  • LIONPOWER
You did not understand her theme. One day she will be big boss
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: To be a full-time house wife or an office cleaner?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code