Menu
To stand back or fight?
Jun 10, 2007 20:11
  • ZOEY
Herbicide. To be honest, I never encounter this terrible robbery. This piece of news has spread widely on the internet. I just want to know other people's opinions on this matter.

I agree with Lion. Before you decide to fight with the robber, you should think about yourself whether you can defeat him or not. Otherwise, you may lose your life and you also can not save the victim.

If I can defeat him, I will stand out to fight with him. Otherwise, I will try other ways to help the girl.
Jun 27, 2007 02:28
As I am a security officer and a first aider, my main priority would be to try and save the ladies life and leave the robber to the police, this not cowardice on my part, I have faced people armed with knives before and no doubt I will again.
Jul 18, 2007 23:02
  • JCNILE123
law enforcement recomments that if you are a victim of a criminal act, do not resist just let the robber have whatever he wants.

thank God i have never experience a crime.

i this case, i think we don't know enough about the circumstances and how it was happening, however if at the very moment of the crime people around ignored the crime in gross indifference to the victim, i say it was a very sad day.
Jul 19, 2007 00:01
  • GRYOKAN
This is very sad.
But IF I were there, regardless of whether the robber(s) were armed or not, I would definitely intervene and if needs be, fight them to the death. After all, what is a life in order to do a honourable deed ? It is so disgusting and downright cowardice not to act in such a situation. Why depend on the laws or the police ? The police are humans too and earning a living almost like that robber !
It should be every human being's moral/social duty to stop such unlawful acts.
What do you guys/gals think ?
Jul 19, 2007 01:22
  • JOHNNY512
It should be every human being's moral/social duty to stop such unlawful acts.

Yes, I can not agree with you any more. We should offer our hands to those who are in trouble. Just imagine: one day if you are put in that situation, do you wanna ask help from others? Of course. If people just stand back and only take care of themselves, what is your feeling? Those people who were at the bank at that time shoul be blamed. They were totally cowards. To some extent, they were complicities of the robber. If they could offer help to the woman, she would not have died.
Jul 19, 2007 04:22
WESTNORWOODGAS mentions he is 'first-aider', and I know that trainiing in first-aid practice (and how to preserve life of injured persons) is quite widespread in England - Nearly all companies have many 'first-aiders' and also lots of clubs & associations teach basic first-aid as part of sports & social activities (as I have been taught). I believe that widespread knowledge of the principles and practice of first-aid is a very good thing.

I hope that if I, or someone I loved, were a victim of a crime like the one described by ZOEY, there would be some-one to step forward who would have enough competence to help preserve life until the medical services arrived. I think this much more important than wishing anyone to challenge the attacker.

I wonder how widespread basic training in first-aid is in China, and what proportion of people would be competent to try to help the victim.
Jul 20, 2007 06:20
  • APAULT
First it is no good another person getting stabbed trying to help. But if someone is fit and can keep a safe distance and track the person, that is good. Me, well I am known to be stupid and interfere all the time...so maybe I would have been the second victim !
Jul 23, 2007 16:41
  • GRIZ326
I once stopped a man beating a woman on the street and never thought about what I was doing. Had I thought about it I would never have done it. The man could easily have killed me. My guardian angel was taking care of me that day.
Jul 23, 2007 20:33
  • MAY001
As a woman, I think about my own security before helping others. Am I a cold-blooded one? : (
Jul 23, 2007 21:11
  • ZOEY
May, you are not cold-blooded. It is nornal. Just as what I said before, you should understand that whether you have the capability to stop the robber. If not, you should find other ways to help the victim. Otherwise, you may lose your life and the victim is also killed.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: To stand back or fight?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code