Menu
Why do so many boys and girls like soccer?
Jun 10, 2007 22:48
  • BBQQ
At each World Cup, European Championships or other important soccer games, those football fans will be crazy. They stay up or go to the stadium to watch soccer matches. Even some of girls are crazy about soccer. They talk about those football stars and clubs.

I am curious about this. Why do so many boys and girls like soccer? Boys say that soccer is full of passion and it is men’s sports. Girls say that they can see those handsome soccer stars on the football pitch.

Is that true? How do you think of this kind of sports? If you like soccer, can you tell me the reason?
Jun 11, 2007 03:19
  • KEVIN0518
Well, I love watching soccer matches. Those soccer players are passionate. Their gorgeous skills attract me most.

For girls, most of them just look for those handsome guys. They can not distinguish those soccer players. But I have to admit that there are some real female soccer fans. They know much about soccer.
Jun 11, 2007 21:13
  • ZOEY
Girls who hate soccer think that those soccer players are like the primitive men. They are cruel. Sometimes, the players got hurt badly.

Some girls thinks that soccer is monotonous. 22 people are chasing a ball on the pitch,boring.
Jun 11, 2007 21:31
  • ZOEY
Girls who hate soccer think that those soccer players are like the primitive men. They are cruel. Sometimes, the players got hurt badly.

Some girls thinks that soccer is monotonous. 22 people are chasing a ball on the pitch,boring.
Jun 12, 2007 00:42
  • WINDENERGY
I think people's love for soccer goes back our primeval lust for hunting prey. The player who can attack the ball the fastest and hardest is our hero. Personally, soccer is a very boring sport. Sure, it's nice to see a player score a goal with a well-timed kick, but most of it is just fetching the ball that went out of bounds or watching a player kick the ball 30-40 meters.

Never paid to watch a soccer match, never will.

__WINDENERGY__
Jun 12, 2007 20:10
  • JOHNNY512
Well, Windenergy. What kind of sports do you like?

I like soccer very much though I am not good at it. I love watching those players running on the pitch and shooting the goal.
Jun 14, 2007 19:41
  • WINDENERGY
JOHNNY512,

Personally, I like to play tennis (when, and if, I can find a tennis court in China. I also like riding bicycle forsight-seeing. Back home, i used to paddle down white-water rivers, but haven't experienced that yet in China. Ping-Pong and pool are also preferred indoor sports.
As far as watching sports, I think basketball and hockey have the best action and excitement. I prefer the NCAA College men's basketball compared to the NBA. I am also an avid baseball fan. Go Seattle Mariners!!

__WINDENERGY__
Jun 14, 2007 23:13
  • KATRINA
Tennis. I like that. But playing tennis costs a lot. Watching programmes about tennis games is a good choice.
Jun 29, 2007 11:25
  • CSWONG
A soccer match without goals is rahter dull and sleepy, especially so when there are more passing in the midfield than goal shooting.
Jul 2, 2007 05:40
I have soccer in my blood, I played from school up until trials with Bristol Rovers ( my team ) not the greatest I know but not everyone supports the glamour teams, I have supported Bristol Rovers for 44 years.
I played as a goalkeeper for my home town until injury forced me to hang my boots up at the age of 25.
Jul 3, 2007 20:05
  • FRANKENSTEIN
"I think people's love for soccer goes back our primeval lust for hunting prey."
Windenergy, your understanding is quite interesting.

Westnorwoodgas, you are great. I love football but I have to admit that I am not a true football fan. I am not loyal to any football club. I just like those football stars, such as David Beckham, Raul and Robert Carlos. I appreciate their gorgeous skills.
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do so many boys and girls like soccer?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code