Menu
Dried Mice, have you tasted?
Jun 12, 2007 04:21
  • LEOPOLD219
Dried food are popular in Fujian Province. You may have heard of dried pork, dried carrots, dried beancurd, but, have you heard of dried mice??

After winter comes, Fujian locals will catch filed mice or loirs. They steamed the mice, peel off their furs and take out their innards. Then they smoke and roast the mice's body, heart and livers in hot pots with rice or sugar.

The dried mice are brightly red and can be fried again for eating.

I am really on the edge of throwing up when I am writing this, but, it's a kind of food, actually.

How do you think of it?

Jun 12, 2007 04:28
  • TRAVELDREAM
I had the boiled liver of a field mouse when I was young. Taste good~~~haha, good for eyesight.
Jun 12, 2007 04:43
  • BBQQ
OMG...SUCK
Jun 12, 2007 19:37
  • JOHNNY512
When I see the picture of the dried mice, I nearly throw up. Actually in southern part of China, people eat wild animals frequently, for example, the snakes. Even some people eat maggots and some insects.

Do you remember SARS? It is said that civet cats(果子狸) have SARS virus on their body.

What else do they want to eat?
Jun 14, 2007 06:01
  • DAVEC
Do people feel sick because of what it is? a mouse. If you had some cooked and tried it before knowing what it was would you feel bad after eating it? I prefer to try food to see if I like it, see if it tastes good then ask what I have eaten. I eat with my taste buds not my mind.
Jun 14, 2007 20:39
  • IAMCANADIAN
yummy are you sure they not rats? haha check out some of these clips they will show you some dried food and donkey ***

http://www.metacafe.com/tags/paul_merton_china/newest/
Jun 14, 2007 21:18
  • MAY001
I'd never have a try. Looks so terrible.
\
Jun 14, 2007 23:10
  • KATRINA
Yes, Davec. Just like eating an apple which contains a worm. Well, people say that it is better to find that you have eaten the apple and the worm together thant that you find half of the worm left in the apple.
Jun 17, 2007 06:04
  • DAVEC
Here in the UK we often dont know what we are eating so its best not to worry or you will never eat anything. For example if we have beef burger then our law says it must contain a minimum amount of beef (not sure how much, 60% maybe) but the minimum amount just has to be ANY beef so therefore ANY part of the cow.
Jun 17, 2007 08:00
  • LIONPOWER
When we are telling, It's a beef burger that not indicating the percentage of beef,
it means material combination whether beef, chicken, mutton, pork etc.
Jun 17, 2007 21:18
  • CALIFORNIA
I also saw it in Guilin,so terrible for me~~~~~~
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dried Mice, have you tasted?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code