Menu
Do Women prefer Men Who Look Like Dad?
Jun 13, 2007 21:54
  • LEONARDO
According to Yahoo, a new study shows that "the type of men who makes women's heart flutter has a lot to whether she was a daddy's girl"

The new study suggests that women who got on well with their dads in the childhood are attracted to men who resemble their fathers; While women who had a poor dad-daughter relationship do not.

In the past, the previous " Oedipus Complex" theory and Freudian psychology has indicated women's such preference for men who look like their dads. This new study serves a further scientic proof to women's preference .

How about men? Do men prefer women who resemble their moms? Oedipus Complex originates from the ancient Greek myth about the Prince Oedipus. It seems to indicate that men have similar preference. However, there is a prerequisite that a good dad-daughter or mom-son relationship the childhood is essential.
Jun 13, 2007 21:57
  • MAY001
Faint. I misread the title to 'Do Women prefer Men Who Look Like Died?'
-_-||
Jun 13, 2007 22:03
  • LEONARDO
I can't imagine any woman would prefer a man who look like "died"! Haha!
Jun 13, 2007 22:38
  • ROGERINCA
I do not know if it is true that women want men who [look] like their dad; but it is true that it is very important in the emotional development of a girl, that she have a close and healthy relationship with her father. Her later relationship with her husband, will benefit from that secure and healthy childhood relationship she had with her dad.

I know for a fact, that I do not look like my Lao Po’s father !!! LOL

Jun 13, 2007 23:21
  • JOHNNY512
Maybe it can be explained by the Electra complex and Oedipus complex. Girls like their fathers more than their mother. On contrary, boys like their mothers.

Do you know the Oedipus the King? It is the Greek mythology. He killed his father and married his mother. Oedipus complex was derived from it.
Jun 14, 2007 13:15
  • LIONPOWER
For what?
As a father?
As a friend?
As a husband?
Jun 14, 2007 17:33
  • GRIZ326
It is reasonable to believe that if a woman's father was a good father she would measure all of her suitors by the standards her father set.
Jun 18, 2007 01:21
  • LEONARDO
Griz326, you are right. This is quite reasonable. A responsible and caring dad will be the ideal man and the role model in the daughter's heart.
Jul 2, 2007 03:32
  • KATRINA
Women prefer a man of integrity, loyalty and responsibility. If he has a sense of humor, it will be better.
Jul 9, 2007 21:50
  • JIMMYB
"Oedipus Complex", "Electra complex", Does every child have this kind of mentality? Does it exist in whole life of the child, or the mentality will change or disappear as the child grow up ?
Jul 11, 2007 21:14
  • YVONNE
Modern psychology support the "Oedipus Complex", which is very commonly existed in the childhood .
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do Women prefer Men Who Look Like Dad?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code