Menu
Do Women prefer Men Who Look Like Dad?
Jul 29, 2007 22:47
  • MIRANDAZHAO
So, parents have to set a role model for their children. As a dad, if you have a daughter, you 'd better behave properly and maintian a good image. Your image may become the prototype of an ideal husband for your daughter.
Aug 1, 2007 09:39
Oh dear, I fear for my daughter and her choice of husband if he is to be like me, ha ha
Seriously though I would hope her choice has the same image as I have, at the end of the day it will be her choice not mine.
Aug 1, 2007 21:16
  • LEONARDO
"Oh dear, I fear for my daughter and her choice of husband if he is to be like me."

Westnorwoodgas, why do you fear? Judging from what you have said in the post "Bland food reflects bland temper?", you are a responsible, caring and nice man. If your daughter find such a good man, I think she will be happy. So what do you fear for? I can't understand.
Aug 2, 2007 01:46
Leonardo, I was joking at my own expense, I'm always trying to put a smile on peoples faces, but thank you again for saying such kind words about me, I'm sure Christella will find a good man when she's older, plenty of time yet as she's only 13.
Aug 5, 2007 22:21
  • NEARSKY
personally , to some certain, both sides are right. i mean woman choose a man as husband compared to her father if she had a happy child life. a boy's love of his mother sometimes becomes extreme and hostile to his father
Aug 7, 2007 00:57
  • KATRINA
Right, NEARSKY, perhaps the phenomenon can be explained by the Sub-consciousness Theory of Freudian Psychology.
Jan 13, 2008 14:32
  • TIGERPAUL
Some women always want to chase after a "bad boy", Does this mean then that this girls father was a bit of a "bad boy"? Maybe she sees this kind of guy as a challenge.

Other girls want a guy to be responsible, dependable, maybe boring? Is that because her father was this type of man and she sees that as the sensible option.

Its all so confusing, maybe the girl that has a dominant father will desire a strong willed man, someone to challenge but ultimately rule her. The girl whose mother dominated will follow that role and choose a man who she can control.
Jan 13, 2008 15:37
  • MARRIE
the thing is a man who is able to rule ( with leader glamour) is usually powerfule, reliable, responsible, considerable...

bad boy lack those properties and is not worthy challenging.
Jan 14, 2008 08:57
  • CARLOS
There´s no question about any complex. Mother should give her children "ideal-woman-image" and father of course "ideal-man-image". If all is fine between parents and children, then it is obvious and normal that children measure the opposite sex using their parents as a standard, like Griz mentioned.

It is said if woman´s father is aggressive and beats his wife and kids, her daughter´s first (well, maybe only, maybe not) husband will very likely be aggressive too, like her father.
And if man´s mother is a "controller", his first wife will be like that too.

Carlos
Jan 16, 2008 03:23
  • SUMMERSNOW
Girls have "Electra Complex". Boys have " Oedipus Complex" in their childhood. Parents have a big influence on their children's choices of life companions.

<<It is said if woman´s father is aggressive and beats his wife and kids, her daughter´s first (well, maybe only, maybe not) husband will very likely be aggressive too, like her father.
And if man´s mother is a "controller", his first wife will be like that too.>>

Carlos, where did you get the theory? Does it make any sense? If a woman's father is aggressive and beats her mother often, does she want to choose a villian to mistreat her? I can not see the logic.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do Women prefer Men Who Look Like Dad?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code