Menu
Mixed Marriages, Divorce on the rise
Jul 21, 2007 02:56
  • GRYOKAN
Complete what you wanted to say please ! Do not let my imagination run astray.
Aug 4, 2007 06:56
  • NEONTRANCE
hello Iam new here,Iam from new zealand
I live in shenzhen and i have been here over 5 years,i got married to a chinese girl 5 years ago.it seems like that our marriage is over.we fight alot,dont communicate very well with each other.never meet in the middle with much.we are both at fault with the way our marriage has ended up.my wife thinks about money 24 hours a day 7 days aweek and i dont think about it enough,but there is no happy meidium.my wife puts me down and seems to find fault with almost everything i do.I bite back at her.our fights are over little things everyday things and we seem to go around in circles.when we fight the past get bought up all the time.
we just dont know how to make it work.
i love my wife,but nothing seems to work,right now she is packing her bags and she said she will leave in a couple of days.
she has left about 6 times before and always threatens with divorce.i say things back to her that are hurtful (i dont mean them)its out of frustration.
its been a difficult road and we are at a loss as to what to do
Aug 5, 2007 21:57
  • GRYOKAN
Sorry to hear that, Neontrance.
I think a lot of people do not realise how wide the cultural/racial gap is until they live together. Of course, there are some success stories but I believe it takes a great deal of tolerance and making a real attempt to understand the other party - basically mixed couples need to make extra effort.
Are you prepared for that ?
Aug 6, 2007 02:07
I have had a failed mixed marraige, my ex is from the Philippines, I wouldn't swap the experience for anything, I have not been put off marrying again.
Aug 6, 2007 06:30
  • DODGER
I think that marrage is about sharing the good times and the hard times. Nothing more, nothing less. Some leave when the going gets too hard.
There is more divorce across the board in China than ever before. Perhaps peoples expectation are a little unreal now and devorce is too easy.
Dodger.
Aug 6, 2007 22:46
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Some of them did not think marriage seriously before they got married. They have not prepared for marriage. After marriage, they find that it is not what they expected.
Aug 8, 2007 12:41
  • LIONPOWER
Yes,
FRANKENSTEIN
Think before INK.
Aug 8, 2007 19:47
  • MAY001
So will they be wiser in second/third marriage??
Aug 8, 2007 23:07
  • KATRINA
Mixed marrige needs the couples' extra efforts to bridge the huge cultural differences.
Aug 9, 2007 12:55
  • LIONPOWER
May,
Why not?
Do you think, they will be saint and go to jungle.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Mixed Marriages, Divorce on the rise
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code