Menu
Mixed Marriages, Divorce on the rise
Aug 9, 2007 21:06
  • CHYNAGYRL
im not brave enough to venture into a mixed marriage. i had the opportunity to marry a Korean guy, but realized that even after living in Korea three years, what I understood of their culture was only the tip of an iceberg. Korean people thought I knew a lot about their culture (even too much!) but my personal feeling was that I was puzzled about them -- and therefore chose not to marry into that culture.
Aug 9, 2007 23:42
  • TEKNOMED
Two indiviadual trying to live as one unit is difficult enough. In mix marriages we have to also deal with different cultures and values. It takes a very strong and understanding couple with a lot of give and take to make mix marriages work.
Aug 10, 2007 12:20
  • LIONPOWER
Some bright example in our country except the couple are not highly educated.
They are too happy, local people loves them too much as their kids like toy.
Aug 13, 2007 10:34
  • BW750
Mixed marriage is a invention, so must take care to develop it.
Aug 15, 2007 22:58
  • LIONPOWER
Invention? or discover?
Aug 16, 2007 23:19
  • DODGER
There have been mixed marriages since time began so it is nothing new.
Both parties need to work at it as hard as they would if their job and not take each other for granted....ever.
Dodger.
Aug 16, 2007 23:44
A friend of mine is going to marry a NewYorker this september, anyway, wish they have a happy marriage life.
Oct 19, 2007 16:16
GUESTINES I am one of the mix marriage,and I didnt know before thats going to be so difficult.

Oct 31, 2007 08:43
GUEST19615 This is an old subject, of course. The comments were interesting because my marriage is mixed with a Chinese from Hong Kong. Pure Han! We have been married over 39 years, mostly living in the US. I am an American. Yes, we have had troubles, but that is marriage as well. Troubles must be overcome and fought as a couple, not individuals.

Marriage, with cultural differences or from the same culture, are ALL difficult. Time and our global village will never change the difficulties resulting during marriages. However, the marriage is much more rewarding and stronger because of the differences each member brings to the marriage. It is not weaker because of those differences.
Oct 31, 2007 10:03
  • LIONPOWER
Thanks GUEST19615
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Mixed Marriages, Divorce on the rise
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code