Menu
Graffiti in China
Aug 6, 2008 04:53
  • CHERRY07
Well, they can make their masterpiece on the streets. You see, these Graffiti are so vivid.

Aug 6, 2008 04:55
  • CHERRY07
Look at this.

Aug 6, 2008 04:57
  • CHERRY07
He avoided that "trap".

Aug 6, 2008 20:27
  • JIMMYB
OMG, how could they make it? At my first glance of the Batman, I really thought that man squated on the windowsill. Unbelievable!
Dec 4, 2008 12:20
GUEST61992 graffiti is life no matter what the art is, shoes on wire, thoughts written on walls or stencals

-easy - boston mass
Dec 4, 2008 19:57
  • LEOPOLD219
graffiti is life no matter what the art is, shoes on wire, thoughts written on walls or stencals.

They can express their thoughts freely. But they should paint on the walls randomly. Will you allow a guy paint on your white wall?
Jan 12, 2009 21:07
GUEST07638 Graffiti is an art form with an extremely long and colored history. It has been going on in China since around 2,000 B.C. when the government began writing messages they wanted to convey to the public on walls. An act of graffiti on an at that time legal graffiti wall, the Democracy Wall, set off the Tianamen square incident. Western style graffiti in China just arrived with hip-hop music in 1998. Right now there are not many graff writers in China, because it is still very new and there is not the same cultural and historical context in China to cause the explosive growth that fierce competition among graffiti writers in USA and Europe produced. To say graffiti is unsightly I think is to not take into consideration all that is graffiti. I would much rather see a incredibly skillfully and diligently painted piece of art on a wall than soot and rust stains. Graffiti is not synonymous with criminals and other undesirables. It is a product of street culture coming from those who had nothing and were given no opportunities in society starting a cultural product they could be proud off. It is a caliming of self identity and a desire to have something in life they could call their own and become proud off. It is just because America had been doing such a good job of sweeping the abused and mistreated of the city under a rug that they became very upset when the invisible people started making their mark. Graffiti hasn't begun in China, it has been going on for thousands of years, they have just begun to adopt some of the aesthetic style of the West. It is not something to lament in my view when you see youth from a culture which tends to belittle the individual, artistic expression, and public discourse taking action to claim them. Thank you.
(I am currently doing a research project on graffiti in China. There is alot of graffiti that is not for the olympics, and alot of pieces that are better than you examples.)
Feb 5, 2009 23:15
GUESTMAZE oo yeeaaa... u too snoop for graffiti ... graffiti is not always vandalism or gangs problems... thats part of art and culture move... Dangerous or not is from human personality not from graffiti.. learn more about art and culture dude...
Aug 5, 2009 07:22
GUEST25142 lol wth are you all talking about Graffiti is a ART now !
in switzerland they even learn that at school =D (i'm swiss)
Oct 3, 2009 16:07
GUEST76149 Graffiti is not a signal of decay in western societies, it is a wonderful art form that i very expressive. It is awful that you judge graffiti art the way both of you do, it is wonderful that china is having their graffiti movement. Its people like you who DECAY western countries
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Graffiti in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code