Menu
Is it reasonable?
Jul 10, 2007 20:47
  • ZOEY
Three days ago, the Ministry of Education made an announcement that college students in China are banned to rent houses off campus from now on. However, the teachers and the students have their own opinions on this.

Most of the teachers and the students think that it is hard to practise it. Some students say that they rent houses outside just for preparing for TOEFL or the entrance examination for postgraduate schools. They have to stay up late all night. If they live in the dorm.Other students will be disturbed. While some other students rent houses outside to stay with her girlfriend or his boy friend. They say that they are grown-ups. To stay with his or her love is quite nornal.

Any comments? Do you think that this rule will take effect? Is this rule reasonable or not?
Jul 11, 2007 20:00
  • MAY001
I don't think the ban can work. But this ban give the schools an excuse to any bad result caused by renting house off campus.
Jul 11, 2007 21:01
  • YVONNE
I agree with you, May. The ban can not work well.

At present, the college students can get married if they reach the requirements. Cohabitation in colleges is not rare. They are adults so that they need to be responsible for themselves.

My friends, how do you think of cohabitation? Just curious about it.
Jul 13, 2007 01:54
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Cohabitation is not a big problem, but the abortion. Many young girls don't know that the abortion is very bad to their healthy and they should protect themselves.
Jul 13, 2007 02:03
  • CHYNAGYRL
A lot of people cohabit and then get married down the road. But the statistics show that the divorce rate is twice as high among couples who cohabited before marrying. It seems puzzling... Researchers say it's because the man in the relationship slides rather than actively chooses the woman for marriage. He marries her out of convenience because he likes her enough. But if they were not living together, he might not have loved her enough to propose to her. Nowadays, some people in Canada think cohabitation is immoral. It works for a lot of people, but I think couples should live together only after getting married, since it's a clearly different life afterwards.
Jul 13, 2007 11:51
  • LIONPOWER
Yes KRISTINA,
Me too " couples should live together only after getting married".
Jul 15, 2007 23:03
  • KEVIN0518
Agree with you both, lion and Chynagyrl. However, some argue that cohabitation can a kind of test. By living together, they can understand each other thoroughly and find whether they are suitable or not. Right or wrong?

For me, I still insist that lovers should not cohabit with each other before marriage.
Jul 16, 2007 16:47
  • CHYNAGYRL
Sometimes we see people around us all doing something and then after a while it seems OK or even good. I have numerous friends who dated and lived together many years, and it seems ok in general. THey save money, and test out if they're mentally and physically compatible, as well as can stand being around each other that long!! :-) But, there's a problem with this. A man can reproduce his whole life, marry anytime. The woman cannot -- she has a time limit. It's better that if he really loves her he should just be an honest man and marry her, then live together.
Jul 16, 2007 20:00
  • MAY001
The woman cannot -- she has a time limit.

Yes, I totally agree with you!! So never be cheated that man and woman are equally in one relationship.
Jul 16, 2007 23:18
  • YVONNE
What is time limit? Does it refer to age or anything else? Nowadays, some women are also good at dealing with several boyfriends. Men are also cheated by women sometimes.
Jul 17, 2007 01:50
  • PEA28COCK
the world is fair to eveybody!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it reasonable?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code