Menu
Dad, Mommy, who have the final say in your family?
Jul 12, 2007 02:30
  • LEOPOLD219
Feminists have long complained about women's low social status in the society. Some activists stated that women are deprived of the equal opportunities to their opposite sex. However, it is very common that in most families, it is women who have the final say. In my hometown, women make the final decision in the majority of homes. Certainly, in my family,when facing controversial family issues, it is my mom who have the final say.

It is the case in my family in China. How about your family? How about the families in US , UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore , Bangladesh,
and others. Should women or men have the final say in the family?
Jul 12, 2007 03:00
  • LOSTLOST
Who is right, who have the final say^_^
Jul 12, 2007 09:50
  • LIONPOWER
It's depend on family status. Our country major family father dependent and a little portion mother dependent.
Jul 12, 2007 20:33
  • KATRINA
At home, women are preferably good leaders. Since wome are more careful and well-organized than men. Generally speaking, they can arrange furniture orderly, and set a good plan for family development.
Jul 13, 2007 01:47
  • KEVIN0518
Yes, in most Chinese families women have the final say. The men are called hen-pecked husband. Women are good at dealing with family chores and men must take the responsibility to raise the whole family. In my opinion, both the husband and the wife should consult with each other and then make the decision. That is the best.
Jul 13, 2007 11:55
  • LIONPOWER
Kenin,
yes you are right, " both the husband and the wife should consult with each other and then make the decision. That is the best."
Problems when they have opposite opinion. So there need a leadership to final order.
Jul 15, 2007 20:28
  • LEONARDO
Negotiations frequently occur in a couple . Both parties have to learn to compromise. Is it safe for me to say that life is a negotiation?
Jul 16, 2007 20:09
  • MAY001
Yes, Leonardo, negotiation and mutual understanding is really important in a family. Though, I'm always be persuaded by my husband. lol
Jul 23, 2007 01:24
  • JIMMYB
In family, we also need democracy. Does a family have to need a dictator who has the final say no matter whether his/her decision is right or wrong?

The two parties should the power of "having the final say".
Jul 23, 2007 01:45
  • TEKNOMED
I notice that in a Chinese family, whether it is in China or South Eas Asia, the woman has the final say regarding family affair. The man is only involve in affairs regarding business or "external affair". I notice that the Koreans are very similar. This has been the norm for a very long time.
Jul 23, 2007 23:13
  • FRANKENSTEIN
You are right, Teknomed. Personally I prefer this. Women are more careful than men. They are more suitable to deal with family affairs. For men, they are the support of the family. That is why they are always dealing with business and external affairs.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dad, Mommy, who have the final say in your family?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code