Menu
Which hotel
Jul 12, 2007 08:31
  • LINDAL
I will be going to Shanghai for an expo at Shanghai New International Expo Centre. I would like to stay at a hotel which is near to shopping, maybe around Nanjing area and also has easy excess to the Expo. Can anyone recommend?
Thanks.
Jul 12, 2007 09:45
  • LINDAL
Oh ya, a 3* hotel which is clean would be very nice.
Thanks.
Jul 12, 2007 22:11
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Linda,

We recommend below old 3-star hotel & you also can go to Expo center through subway which is convenient:

http://www.pujianghotel.com/ ( 161 years' history)

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng ( China Biz / Tour Guide)

Jul 13, 2007 02:39
  • LINDAL
Hi Susan

Thanks for your reply. This hotel is Astor House Hotel, right? Can I know how far is it to the Nanjing shopping area, the bund, Xiang yang market? I hope this place is just walking distance from these attractions because when I was in Shanghai before, I find it very difficult to get a taxi at night.

Thanks.
Jul 13, 2007 03:25
Its very easy to walk to the Bund from the Astor, and personally I highly recommend the Hotel (my wife & I stayed there last October during Holiday week).
Jul 14, 2007 20:43
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Lindal,

You are right, another name for this hotel is Astor House Hotel ( you can walk to Shanghai Bund / Nanjing shopping area within 10 mins).

This is a good choice because it is convenience.

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng ( China Biz / Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Jul 15, 2007 00:41
  • LINDAL
Thanks Mike and Susan for your recomendation.

I was looking at some hotels from the internet and found the following. Any comments on them:
1) Wu Gong Hotel 2) Shanghai Metropole Hotel 3) Bailemen Hotel 4) Seventh Heaven Hotel 5)Charms Hotel.
I noticed Seventh Heaven is mentioned as "binguan". Can I know what's the difference with "jiudian" and "dajiudian"

Thanks.
Jul 26, 2007 05:20
  • ELLYSE
I would pick instead of Astor House either Seventh Heaven Hotel or Bailemen Hotel. Another good choice would be Shangfu Hotel.
Binguan, Jiudian and Dajiudian are just variations of the name "hotel". Don't think too much about it, no real differences.
Aug 2, 2007 01:25
  • LINDAL
Thanks Ellyse. I noticed both Seventh Heaven and Bailemen Hotel are in Nanjing Road, which means easier to walk around, right?
What about transportation to Shanghai New International Expo Centre? Is it convenient too. My return flight will be very early at 6.45am. Which means I will have to leave hotel much earlier than that time. So, is taxi easily available that early of the morning?

Thanks.
Aug 2, 2007 09:25
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Lindal,

Considering that your return flight will be very early at 6.45am, pls find below best solution per our other friends did before(our friends who meet similar situation with you in July):

1-The first several days you can choose hotel which is close to Nanjing hotel (any hotel you like as above many TCG members suggestion)

2-The last night, we suggest you to check in Ramada hotel(below link is FYI) which is very close to Pudong airport(only 10 mins away from airport and the hotel also has shuttle bus every 15mins which will deliver you to pudong airport directly). The most importance is that you can sleep more late as usual and don't need to worry for taxi or others.

http://www.ramadaairportpd.com/en/index.html

3- As for hotel which is close to Nanjing road , we still suggest you to choose Astor House because it is convenient for you to expo center also for shopping.

Enjoy your trip!!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng (China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Aug 3, 2007 00:15
  • LINDAL
Thanks Susan for your help.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which hotel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code