Menu
Visa travel questions
Nov 19, 2008 06:53
  • APAULT
Most of the information is fairly accurate based on our experiences, but we are amateurs, not lawyers and there wil always be different experiences. Also eaxh office applies the rules according to its own interpretation. Most people do not have to 'go here and there' for more documentation. However, some employers do not handle the formalities very well, or you might have some exceptional circumstances.
Jan 15, 2009 02:50
GUESTSNOP Hi

I would like to check the following senerio. I dont need a visa to go to China. I travel to shenzhen from hongkong and stay in shenzhen for 14 days and I went back to hong kong to clear custom that I am out of shenzhen and back to shenzhen agian within the same day. And I stayin shenzhen for another few days, will that consider ok or does it consider staying over than 14 days?
Jan 15, 2009 08:09
  • APAULT
That is two entries into China. You will need a double entry visa. If you are eligible for the Shenzhen economic zone visa on arrival, I assume you would have to apply again for the second entry - but I have no idea if there is any restriction on an immediate re-entry though I have never heard of one.

For flexibility and certainty I would get a dual entry visa in advance.

Jan 25, 2009 02:14
GUESTROB im just waiting for invitation from my chinese employer. i'm here in bkk rght now. Is it easy to apply for a z visa here in chinese embassy in bangkok? A friend told me his niece flew to china w a z visa processed here 2 yrs. ago. She advised me not to go back to manila because they would just screw me up. I'm a filipino working here in bangkok.
Jan 27, 2009 19:29
GUESTAMELIA HI...

I am holding indonesian passport. I will be arrived in Guangzhou on februari 10 and planning to have one day tour with the kids to HONGKONG DISNEYLAND... do i need single entry CHINA visa or double entry CHINA visa

please reply soon

amelia
Feb 2, 2009 00:10
GUEST61180 I am a us citizen interested in going to China and trying to make a living there as I will be staying with someone in Shenzhen.As this will be my first time visiting the country, how could I, who will not be there as a teacher, prolong my stay in china? can I get a work permit doing common labor? how can I extend my stay in shenzhen or even become a citizen.Can I get a 1 month visitation visa in the us and renew it in Shenzhen? if you know anything please help,thank you.
Feb 2, 2009 16:22
  • APAULT
Guestrob: as you are resident in Thgailand you should be able to apply in Bkk. Make sure your employer prepares the paperwork for an application in Thailan, not the Filipines
Feb 2, 2009 16:23
  • APAULT
GUESTAMELIA: You must obtaion a dual entry visa.
Feb 2, 2009 16:32
  • APAULT
GUEST61180: As you appear to have no grounds for obtaining anything other than a tourist visa, apply for the maximum duration visa with multiple entry. If they grant the maximum you will have abouut 9 months tho you will have to pop over to HK every 3 months, no problem from Shenzhen.

You will not be able to get a work permit unless you qualify as a 'foreign expert', for most of us that means being a teacher. To stay long periods you will need to keep reapplying from HK. There are a number of options like business visas, getting married, or becoming a student that you can look into later, but there is NO way you will get permanent residency.

Don't forget to register with the police when you arrive, giving your friend's address.
Feb 4, 2009 19:17
GUEST61180 APAULT this is the Guest formally known as 61180, I just want to say thanks a lot sir, I have been browsing through these forums and it seems that you are somewhat of a fountain of knowledge.I was just wondering how one would go about obtaining a maximum duration visa, do I have to have more of a reason than simply "visiting a friend", and when I go to hong kong how much guarantee is there that I will be given another 3 month pass? sorry to trouble you again but I am just a little confused as to how and what this Maximum Duration w/ multiple entry is/works.
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa travel questions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code