Menu
HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THE COMPANY VIVISPACE, WHO HAVE RIPPED ME OFF??
Jul 19, 2007 08:50
  • MISSMY
What can i do, and who can i contact if i have been ripped off? i purchased some clothes off the internet from a company called VIVISPACE in Guangzhou, China,

The man i spoke with Leo, was happy to take my money and said the stock will be sent out within 48 hours, 2 days latter i email to ask for the tracking number and he said that the stock machine was broken, stock will be sent out in another 48hours, this was the last time i heard from him, its been over 3 months now and they have not made any contact with me,.

i have emailed them at least once a week, and still nothing. Its hard for me as im in New Zealand, and i purchased these clothes for a group of friends. and now i am out of pocket, Can someone tell me what i can do to try and get my stock, or even just my money back? here are the details of the company:

VIVISPACE
TEL : 8620 - 37603546 / FAX: 8620 - 37603546
ADD£ºADDRESS£ºRoom 302, NO.38, Road shuiyin road, Guangzhou, China
CONTACT PERSON: Phoebe( hotmail.com|ohyu_6 ) | Leo ( hotmail.com|flyskyvivian ) | Coco deng ( hotmail.com|libra-deng )

PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO?

Kindest regards,
Missmy NZ
Jul 19, 2007 09:57
  • KRUUTH
If you speak chinese you can most likely contact the police. If/when you do, explain that you are a BUSINESS and not an individual. You will most likely get some better help that way.
Jul 19, 2007 10:39
  • KSWONG
It's sad cases like these that gives the legitimate businesses a bad name. I was just in GZ a few days' back.

Perhaps u can hire a private investigator or a friend to help u out... but it could be a case of throwing money into a bottomless pit.
Jul 19, 2007 12:18
  • KRUUTH
How much $$ are we talking about? I'll be in the area in about 10 days. If it's a few shirts, cut your losses. They might show up.
Jul 19, 2007 18:54
ya how much money? and where can you find a private investigator? how much would one cost?
Jul 19, 2007 19:12
  • APAULT
Put simply, you have been cheated. If you haven't received your goods after 3 months I don't think you will get them.

Jul 19, 2007 20:14
  • MISSMY
$240 US dollars, it would probably cost too much to hire a investigator, i just cant believe a company as big as that would rip me off, they claim to turnover $5million a year, yet they cant send me my $240 stock???

how can i contact the China Police? do they have email address? sorry i dont speak chinese either.

Thanks for all your advice. i just hope if i dont get my money back or my stock, that something will be done to this company as they are very dis honest, and should not be allowed to sell goods with no intention of supplying.

regards,
MissMy
Jul 19, 2007 20:16
  • MISSMY
NO sorry i dont speak chinese, only english. thanks for the heads up.
Jul 19, 2007 20:22
  • BBQQ
You may visit Guangdong Police Website to see whether it can help you or not. I suggest you to phone them directly, but not email.

http://www.gdga.gov.cn/
Jul 20, 2007 20:01
  • YUHAOROMAN
Hi there,

From the address of this company, it is like a professional spam company, as it locates in the residential area, if you give me the business name or registration No. of this company to me, I can help you to verify this company.

To be frank, 240$ won't interest the police department or the governing body in Guangzhou city if you report the case or make the complaint, in your case, you can do the following:
1) google the company name + spam, see if others are also spammed, if yes, invite them to join and make the case strong, if many of you got spammed, then it is easy to get the police and governing body involved.
2) if the company is real, a lawyer's letter will give them some threat
3) I guess you encounter this company on alibaba or made-in-china, make a complaint to them
4) if the company mainly do business online, you can threat them to ruin their business by posting thread against them.
5) it is a lesson you should learn, for international small business, due diligence is far more important than dispute settlement
6) there are some article on how to trade safely and settle business dispute in china, the website is www.chinawhy.net.

regards,
Steven
Jul 20, 2007 21:43
  • JABAROOTOO
Agree with Steven
Due diligence is the key

Doing business in China is fraught with problems and better left alone by the novice.
Something may appear to be a really good deal but not if it ends up costing you all this grief.

Follow up as Steven has suggested but you may just have to cut your losses and take it a costly lesson learnt.
Post a Reply to: HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THE COMPANY VIVISPACE, WHO HAVE RIPPED ME OFF??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code