Menu
Hello, I will graduate in a few weeks. Where in China do I go?
Jul 23, 2007 11:13
  • JWASHWORTH
Thanks for helping,, I am going to China, pretty sure either China or Vietnam. I have never been to either countries. I would appreciate if you guys could help me find the best place to work, where people are friendly and I have a large job market for an English Teacher. Thank you very much. Jonathan

Jul 23, 2007 20:00
  • KRUUTH
There's plenty to do/see in china. A better question is "how much can I see?"
Jul 23, 2007 20:21
  • LEONARDO
Welcome to China! I think China is a promised land for foreigners who have a good educational background. At present, China is urgent need of excellent English-native-speakers to help improve its nationals' English speaking abiltity, since China is going international. For instance, 2008 Olympic Games and 2010 World Expo will be held respectively in Beijing and Shanghai. Therefore, China is offering great possibilities for English-native-speakers.
Jul 23, 2007 20:22
  • MAY001
I believe job opportunity for English teacher in China is better than in Vietnam.
Jul 24, 2007 17:25
  • WCTMAN
China. But this is a vast country, so you must do a little homework first. Google Chinese cities for temperatures, rainfall etc. If you don't like winter much, stay to the south. Ditto for food ie in South China, the food is generally much hotter, more "la", than in northern China. If you like noodles, go North ( Xi'An, for example ). Would you like to live near the ocean? Then, Qingdao, Xiamen, Dalian are very nice, but Xiamen can be very hot. If you want a modern, fast paced city, then Shanghai is where you want to be. In short, do a little research and then take it from there. There are jobs galore here, but the pay ranges by region too. Good luck. China has been a marvelous experience, and continues to be so everyday.
Jul 26, 2007 02:33
  • MORERAIN
I agree with may001 absolutely.
Chinese people are eager to learn Native English.
Aug 3, 2007 01:32
  • BABYHARE
If you decided to come to Xiamen, you can connect me. Perhaps I can help you.

Nancy
163.com|babyhare
Aug 3, 2007 01:38
  • BABYHARE
By the way, your beagle is very handsome~
Aug 5, 2007 20:07
  • MONICAMARS
There are so many options for you.

A. Beijing
If you like traditional Chinese culture, I suggest Beijing. It is the capital of the nation, a political and cultural center. You can go visit Great Wall, Summer Palace etc. Besides, it is going to be an international city soon. oh..Olympic Games will be held in BJ in 2008. I guess so many people will come and have a visit.

B. Shenzhen or Guangzhou
Geographically, the two cities are in the south of China and near HK. If you like hot weather and southern scenery, you can go there. Shenzhen is a very international city. A friend of mine once said it is not China at all. But it has good atmosphere, very practical, very young, and even a little marginal. Guangzhou has a long history. Cantonese is the local language. It is moist, hot, and an excellent place to start a business.

C. Shanghai
Shanghai is already an international city. It is big, modern, and edgy. It can be said to be a financial and commercial center of China. Many foreigners go there. Good place.

D. Chengdu
Chengdu is in the southeast of China. It is the capital of Sichuan province, which is also called “a paradise “. There is no hurry, no rush, and very pleasure to live in. Sichuan dishes are famous home and aboard, especially the hot-pot. Chengdu is developing very fast recent years.

Of course there are so many cities to tell, like Dalian, Qingdao, Yangsuo, Kunshan, Ningbo, Wuhan, Changsha, Chongqing etc. So you see it depends on your intention. And every city has its own characters. You know what? You can have a round-China travel if condition permits. Then you can find out which city is in your dream and happily settle down.
Aug 6, 2007 03:58
  • SIMON82
Last time, I went to Chengdu, Sichuan Province...Good place to travel..
Aug 7, 2007 22:11
  • JOHNLONG
I am not suggest you go to China if you go to some big city there, because you will could not find the feeling that you have already come to far east. you can go to some small city in China or to Vietnam directly.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hello, I will graduate in a few weeks. Where in China do I go?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code