Menu
Spending Counterfeit Money
Jul 25, 2007 23:36
  • JCNILE123
ups!!!! i think i'm burning rubber here, yes she address it, (she has never spend fake or counterfeit money)..

i must apologize big time.

Oct 24, 2007 16:23
GUESTMIKE The following website might be useful:
See http://www.myasiachannel.com/EN_news_
chinese_fake_money_how_to_detect_
and_seperate_from_real_money.html
for an example of counterfeit chinese money and to learn how to detect it
Oct 24, 2007 20:45
  • SUSAN205060
It should be turned to Bank and can't be used again. Of course.

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Jan 26, 2010 20:38
GUEST21222 I am a college student working in a resturant (in a bad part of town) and I have received counterfeit money and have even had to pay parts of other's tabs because the money was fake. I would never use counterfeit cash just because I know, somewhere down the line, someone will realize its fake, do the right thing, not use it, and lose money. As I myself have done. If you know its fake, its stealing. Hands down...why would that even be questioned?
Jan 27, 2010 08:41
  • BWINKS
For all you do gooders out there... the reason why ignorance is bliss in this situation for SOME is due to the fact that they DON'T have a good enough salary or weekly pay to be able to make up for the loss. I give props to anyone (such as guest2122) that is in a financial situation where they most likely wont be able to make up for the loss anytime soon, herein college students are broke poor as they most likely are in debt to the bank, their parents, or loansharks in order to pay for their higher education, but still are able to take the hit in order to correct a moral flaw in society...

However i do agree wtih Kaiotee in the following quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by KAIOTEE

...deciding not to spend that money to stay honest to yourself and the country, its not going to stop the other 1.3 billion people doing it...

So for those that can't afford to be the hero... be the ignorant citizen; don't look at your money. If your money is ever refused for being fake, you didn't know. Ohh well, then you loose. But since you didn't sign up to play the counterfit scandal, you shouldn't have to worry about it every time you get or give someone money.

Anyone agree?
Jan 27, 2010 22:21
  • BOBERT
[quote=BWINKS,387341]For all you do gooders out there... the reason why ignorance is bliss in this situation for SOME is due to the fact that they DON'T have a good enough salary or weekly pay to be able to make up for the loss. quote]

So you believe it's acceptable behaviour for a thief to steal from you, providing he/she is poor. You can even condone being a thief yourself by virtue of the fact that you are a poor college student. I hope that thought gives you great comfort next time you are robbed. Rich thieves are morally reprehensible, poor thieves are justified. Vacuous and preposterous!
May 30, 2011 21:22
GUESTSOSIMPLE? I am not sure the situation with counterfeit money is so simple in China. If it was stealing, then why does no one call the police when they realize you have used a fake bill? Why do they give the fake bill back after they refuse it? Why not call the police on the spot? Honestly I am not sure the police in China would do more than to fold the money in their pocket and try spend it themselves. How can the fake money problem in China persist for so long (20+ Years) if there is not corruption on a massive scale?

How many times would you be willing to be robbed exactly? If the ATM keeps on giving you fake bills with little recourse what would you honestly do? Just leave the country? To some extent this place is still a lawless society. Does returning fake bills back to the bank really help when the bills came from the ATM anyway? The best thing to do might be just to destroy the money, burn it, or shred it.

Another point is that there simply is not enough cash for the country. The other major forgery in China are receipts which are used to calculate taxes and control supply. Why are receipts also fake? So merchants can keep selling products to meet demand.

In any case, using fake money is not as simple as just stealing. At least it does not solicit the same reaction at all from merchants in the country. China is a complex place with many government controls and everyone persistently finding ways to work around them. If fake money is coming from the freaking ATM then maybe there is a real reason for it.
Jun 1, 2011 01:41
GUESTSOSIMPLE? Also, after making that comment yesterday, I just want to say that I decided to destroy the fake currency, and also, it can be a bit like stealing. Most people who work on the streets of China probably do not make more than 100-200RMB a day and it is important to remember this if you are a traveler, and just let it go and think of the fake currency as a tax.
That said, do use the links in this thread to educate yourself about what fake money looks like and always check it out of the ATM!!!
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Spending Counterfeit Money
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code