Menu
A cup of tea, military use or civilian use?
Jul 25, 2007 20:50
  • JOHNNY512
A cup of tea, is it for military use or civilian use? I am reminded of China's former foreign minister, Li ZhaoXing. Once, at a news conference, a foreign jounalist asked him why China's military expense increased so rapidly. He used an analogy to tell the difference between military use and civilian use. He says:" Just take this cup of tea in front of me as an example, if I drink it, it is for civilian use, if this general beside me drink it, it is for military use". A cup of tea, whether it is for military use or civillain use depends on who drinks it. Before, I have never thought that a cup of tea was for military use. When talking about military use, I was immediately reminded of missile, guns, aircraft carriers, nuclear weapons.
Jul 25, 2007 23:10
  • KATRINA
Chinese former Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing is very shrewd and clever. This question was posed by a foreign journalist. Li's answer is excelent.
Jul 26, 2007 22:02
  • BBQQ
Does the annual defense budget include all the expenses related to the defense construction? Even a cup of tea drunk by military authority?
Post a Reply to: A cup of tea, military use or civilian use?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code