Menu
What do you think of 'Made in China' goods?
Jul 26, 2007 20:42
  • YVONNE
Nowadays, a large quantity of 'Made in China' goods are being exported to other foreign countries and most of the foreigners like those goods because the prices are lower and the quality is good. However, in recent days, the situation has changed. A series of news report that Made in China goods do have some quality problems, such as poisonous pet food and toothpaste, unaccepted tyres and unsanitary aquatic products.

Well, we have to admit that there are some products made in China that have quality problems, but not all of them. My friends, what do you think of Made in China goods? Are they as bad as the news reported?
Jul 26, 2007 23:44
  • GRIZ326
It depends. China has recent black-eyes on this issue: dog food, tooth paste; and exploding computer batteries come to mind...and there are countless counterfeits.

The old adage in my country is: "let the buyer beware." It applies to all purchases made in China. However, I do not know how that relates to buying things like tea, china dishes, or food stuffs.

Jul 27, 2007 00:01
  • ELSA
Hello:
Are goods purchased in Shanghai City better quality than those exported to the Philippines?

Those class B qualities, what kind of goods -electrical, or hardware or others What categories are they?

Elsa
Jul 29, 2007 11:23
  • LIONPOWER
Some goods are Made in China as per buyer choice and specifications. So China not 100% responsible for their products.
Jul 30, 2007 02:50
  • MAY001
I've read a report recently that a survy in Japan shows that the quality Chinese goods exported to Japan is better than any other countries. So, it's really depends on the purchasers.
Jul 30, 2007 04:40
  • TEKNOMED
I think it depend on the type of goods. Food items are in the news in most countries and this has prompt the importing countries authorities to impose stricter check on these Chinese food. Most other goods are okay and depending on the strenght of the importing currency agains the Chinese RMB, most people found Chinese goods value for money.
Jul 30, 2007 22:45
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Yes, Lion. Not all the Made in China goods have quality problems. Few producers produced unqualified products and made all the China goods notorious. Meanwhile, it has something to do with trade issues. To protect their own industries, those countries who import goods from China limit the volume because Chinese goods are cheaper.
Post a Reply to: What do you think of 'Made in China' goods?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code