Menu
Art or Trash?
Jul 30, 2007 01:50
  • ZOEY
In recent days, several stone sculptures in a community in Jilin Province has attracted more and more people's eyes and heated discussions. Actually, they are stone-carved chairs. All the 11 chairs are 11 half naked women statues squating on both sides of the road.

Some people say that those chairs reflect the beauty of art. While others say that they are just trashes. It is an insult to women and badly demages women's image.

What do you think of those stone chairs, my friends? Art or trash?

Jul 30, 2007 02:56
  • KEVIN0518
Most of Chinese people will not take them as art. These chairs should not be placed in public. I read some materials which said that these chairs might just be used to advertise for the houses in this community. The real estate developers and their houses have been known to many people in China at present. The advertisement is quite sucessful.
Jul 30, 2007 03:53
  • MAY001
Yes, I don't think it's an art at all. It's just an insult to women!!
Jul 30, 2007 04:04
  • CHERYL
If possible, can these trashes be detroyed????
Jul 30, 2007 06:36
  • GRYOKAN
I thought they are quite nice. I cannot imagine how they would look like if they were nude men instead.
Why do you think that they are an insult to women ?
Jul 30, 2007 20:16
  • BBQQ
Imagine they are nude men and you may understand.
Jul 30, 2007 20:34
  • JCNILE123
i don't think that is a good choice of art to be display on a public place, like a park or so,
specially if we take in to consideration the fact that it is china??? and china is a conservative nation compared with any other nation.

however, i don't think there is room for the extreme, like, (an insult to women), or (ask to have em trash).

so, i agree with Kevin they don't belong to a public place as the one on the picture.
Jul 31, 2007 10:45
  • LIONPOWER
Dishonor to women
Aug 1, 2007 22:31
  • KATRINA
It is not usual to see many such sculptures in cities abroard. But in China, people dislike these sculptures because they are not as open as foreigners. That is cultural difference.

Post a Reply to: Art or Trash?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code