Menu
The Change of Chinese Soldiers' Uniforms
Aug 7, 2007 05:40
The newer ones are navy rather than army, I asume the army ones will be different.
Aug 8, 2007 01:21
  • YINDUFFY
I think the new service uniforms for the Army, Navy and Air Force are very well designed. I really don't see any traditional features: they look like a clean break from the old styles. Even the button design is new. As for the undress uniforms, or as the US Army would call them "Class B" I have not seen a change yet. Most troops would wear the pale green shirt outside the trousers for a while yet.
There are a lot of organizations that wear military-style uniforms in China and it can be hard identifying the wearer as an Army member or as a member of some other group. Perhaps this change was to help boost morale by allowing the wearer to be instantly identified.
Army camoflage utility uniforms (fatigues) are worn as work clothes by street sweepers, farm workers, construction workers etc. as they are cheap and readily available. That uniform has somewhat lost its distinctive Army relationship. I understand that the new Chinese Army camouflage utility or combat uniform has been selected and is a digital pattern in a fashion of the USMC and US Army combat uniforms. ( It should be pointed out that the old camoflage pattern used by the Chinese was a copy of the US Army developed ERDL pattern from the 1960's.)
The Chinese military is building up in a frightening parallel to Hitler's 1930's Germany. Chinese TV has been promoting its military as the 80th anniversary of the PLA is this month. The Beijing Military museum has special outdoor and indoor exhibits to promote its new military and its new weapons.
I hope that China stays peaceful.
Aug 8, 2007 02:29
  • BBQQ
Yes, there are many military-style uniforms in China and it's not easy to identify.
Jan 5, 2009 07:40
GUESTCHRISTE... HI, Every one.
I want to choose and buy some uniforms from internet now.
Now i want to sell uniforms to Hongkong. But now i need some product info about uniforms.
Who can give me some advice about uniforms. Thanks
Jan 6, 2009 05:07
  • YINDUFFY
Actually, I think the new uniforms look quite smart. They look very professional and dignified. I do wonder how the Navy feels about trying to keep their all-white uniforms clean!
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The Change of Chinese Soldiers' Uniforms
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code