Menu
US House vote for Sex Slaves
Aug 5, 2007 20:46
  • LEONARDO
Japan should look squarely on the history, and take history as a mirror. Never commit such stupid and inhuman crimes again.
Aug 10, 2007 16:28
  • GRIZ326
The US has never denied dropping the bombs, WCTMAN. The second bomb was a questionable call.

If the US had not developed nuclear arms and used them some other country would have in that same time frame and used them. You can never put the genie of technology back in the bottle and human nature is what it is.
Aug 10, 2007 19:15
  • WINDENERGY
WCTMAN,

Hindset is always better than foresight. However, what I was taught (in American schools) is that the Japanese found 'great disgrace' in surrendering. Because of this, in order to defeat the Japanese, America and its' allies would have had to land on the beaches of Japan and then ransack thousands of battallions to defeat the Japanese. Many, many more innocent civilians (as well as soldiers on both sides) wouls have died as a result of this invasion.

So, what you call today as 'unnecessary', you might have thought differently in 1945, especially if you were an enlisted soldier in the Allied Forces. Dwight Eisenhower wasn't President when the nukes were dropped, so,again, using hindsight is always easier than foresight.

Japanese soldiers and their feudal government created too many atrocities during WWII to have been forgiven easily. It seems that's what "government diplomacy' seeks through it's ambassadors and delegations. Meanwhile, Japanese where killing and enjoying their 'comfort ladies' at the expense of innocent victims. The nukes ended the war quickly and efficiently, much like the Japanese 'Hari-Kari' practice of self-inflicted suicide.

GRYOKAN, you are biased and inaccurate in your assessment of American politics.

__WINDENERGY__
Aug 10, 2007 19:58
  • GRYOKAN
"GRYOKAN, you are biased and inaccurate in your assessment of American politics."

How and when did I touch on USA politics here ? Read my messages properly again pl and dont be bias against me !
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: US House vote for Sex Slaves
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code