Menu
Advice needed on how to put on weight
Aug 9, 2007 22:33
  • LEOPOLD219
Haha, Dodger. Are you sure that Zoey's friend is a girl? Zoey did not mention whether her friend is a boy or a girl.
Aug 10, 2007 01:51
  • ZOEY
Thanks for all your kind advice. Well, eating high-calory food doesn't take effect on me. I try fo eat quite a lot of fat and high-calory food. It is still no use. As to sleep, although I am not a good sleeper, my friend has a sound sleep, it is in vain. OMG, perhaps I have to wait till the middle age.
Aug 10, 2007 05:38
  • DODGER
Leopold,
Ha, not sure about the gender of Zoey's friend but I am sure that May must be a girl.
Dodger.
Aug 10, 2007 10:36
  • ROGERINCA
The real ‘key’ here is the Carbs !! Carbohydrates are what put on the weight !!

Most effective diets, for weight [loss] increase protein and greatly reduce/limit the carb intake.

Conversely, if you want to gain weight and gain it quickly, just increase the carbohydrate intake (calories) to offset whatever you are burning in an average day.

Noodles, rice, baked goods such as bread, pastries, cakes etc; also soda, beer, and high carb foods such as pizza, French fries, etc will all contribute to weight gain. Also, many fruits such as the banana, offer high carbs.

Most of the food at McDonalds, is loaded with carbs !!!

Remember, no matter what you do, always eat a balanced diet, and never eliminate fruits and vegetables which provide key vitamins and minerals essential to body function and growth. And last, always drink plenty of water, or water based drinks to keep the body hydrated.
Aug 10, 2007 16:12
  • DODGER
Rogerinca,
all of yout points are correct.
But we should all bear in mind that weight is not just weight. Body fat verus muscle ratio is very important. Muscle weight can only be gained by creating a need as the body will only give what is demanded of it. Any type of overload work will achieve this.
Dodger.
Aug 11, 2007 00:59
  • JABAROOTOO
Now for something more serious.
If you'd like to gain weight, exercising regularly will help build muscle which is heavier than fat and looks much better too. To achive weight gain by eating healthy food is a little harder. It is a good idea to avoid too much sugar and refined carbohydrates, but eat protein, nuts, seeds and fruit and along with the exercise you should be able to gain some weight.

Don't be in too much of a hurry. If your weight increases too quickly it is likely not to be good for you. Also keep in mind that stress and other health issues like your hormones will affect your ability to gain weight too. Sometimes you just have to wait until you are more mature which is when weight gain often sets in.

It did for my older sister who was painfully thin all her life, dispite eating twice what I did and leading a very active sporting lifestyle. But now she has put on weight and looks normal. Your metabolism is a large factor too. Do a little online research on food and it's benifits. I'm sure you'll find some useful information and be able to give it a try.

Bon apitite
Aug 15, 2007 18:29
  • GRIZ326
Drink a lot of dark beer.
Aug 15, 2007 20:29
  • EVENING
Then you will only have a beer belly! haha.......... : P
Aug 15, 2007 20:31
  • EVENING
I don't know whether you westerners have such a saying of 'beer belly', which refers to a round and fat belly. Mostly because of drinking too much beer.
Aug 16, 2007 08:49
  • LIONPOWER
Like pregnant woman
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Advice needed on how to put on weight
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code