Menu
Who is the spokesman of Chinese Kung Fu?
Aug 9, 2007 20:57
  • LEONARDO
Do you know Chinese Kung Fu? Have you ever seen any Chinese kung fu movie? In China, there are many Kung fu masters and action movie stars. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Lee are the most renowned Kung fu stars both at home and abroad.

Do you think who is the spokesman of Chinese Kungfu? Personally, I like Jackie Chan very much, and I think he is the spokesman of Chinese Kung fu.

Although Bruce Lee seems to be more popular in US and other foreign countries, but for me, Bruce Lee seems to live in an era far from me. Bruce Lee stirs a sensation in US from 1960s to 1970s. Bruce Lee changed Chinese image in America where "the Chinese were stereotyped as meek house servants and railroad workers". His steely sinew redeem Chinese image. He is a real gladiator, but he lived a transient life of 32 years and died in 1973.

The reason why I like Jackie Chan is because I grew up under the influence of his Kung Fu movies. His Kung fu movies accompany me to go through my childhood anf teen years. Maybe I am biased to say that Jackie Chan is the spokesman of Chinese Kung fu. Anyhow, I idolise him. His movie " The Myth "is one of my favorites. Well, it is a pity for me to hear that his movie " Rush Hour 3" is impossible to release in mainland China.

Jet Lee is also a brilliant Kung fu star, but I prefer Jackie to him. Well, I don't know why.Jet Lee's two blockbusters Beijing Bodyguards and Fearless are excellent, his acting skills are no doubt world-class.

Anyway, who is the spokesman of Chinese Kung Fu? What do you think?
Aug 9, 2007 21:13
  • CHYNAGYRL
i always think Bruce Lee popularized kung fu in America and also made it glamorous with his Western wife and mixed-blood actor son. He's not just talented, he was also intelligent. When I watched his movies again, I could see his deeper side. He graduated with a degree in philosophy from an American university, and so he expressed some deeper thoughts and feelings in his movies about the art of living.

Jackie Chan is talented and funny. They're just different people.

Aug 9, 2007 21:34
  • LEONARDO
Bruce Lee

Aug 9, 2007 21:35
  • LEONARDO
Jakie Chan

Aug 9, 2007 21:40
  • LEONARDO
Jet Lee

Aug 9, 2007 21:59
  • LEOPOLD219
I prefer Jet Lee than Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan. He is more handsome. Bodyguard from Beijing and Fist of Legend are my favourite.
Aug 10, 2007 01:57
I like them all but Jackie is my favourite simply because of the humour, I'm going to see Rush Hour 3 tomorrow.
Aug 10, 2007 15:27
  • DAVEC
I should really say Bruce lee as I studied Jeet Kune Do but I think for technique it has to be Jet Li.
Aug 12, 2007 22:28
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Probably, in the past, the spokesman of Chinese Kung Fu is Bruce Lee; but at present, I think Jackie Chan is. By the way, Jet Lee is not bad.
Aug 13, 2007 01:27
  • MAY001
The Kung Fu of Jet Lee is more real while Jackie is more humorous.
Aug 13, 2007 02:10
As I said I was going to see Rush Hour 3 on Saturday, despite critics have saying the film was poor, my daughter and I were left with fits of laughter, although it seems age is catching up with Jackie, he's still a top man for me.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who is the spokesman of Chinese Kung Fu?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code